Part Thirty Two

Leila's Point Of View

I was waiting with Ashton for yn to arrive at school, we were both here first for once. You know the hardest thing about being left alone with a boy who is not only your best friend but is also your crush, secret crush that I couldn't do anything about because he now has Lucy as his girlfriend, is to hide my feelings and emotions whenever I see him with her, I know they're happy but seeing him with her just doesn't make me get over the feelings I have for him. It makes it worse because I know we will never become anything more than just best friends. Stuck in the friend zone.

"How long do you think she's going to be?" Ashton asks looking at me. I shrug my shoulders in response, "I don't know Ashton, have you got somewhere better to be?" I question, eyebrows raised as I look back at him. "No- er I planned to meet up with Lucy before school starts," he says.

"Well go and do that, nobody's making you wait for yn. If you want to go to your girlfriend then go" I say looking forward to waiting for yn to arrive. " Fine I will, at least she is nicer to me," he says walking away leaving me standing there and turning to watch him walk away. He was a right arse hole when he wanted to be.

I soon saw Yn walking through the gates holding hands with Luke, they were talking to each other then they were smiling. Calum and Michael were trailing behind them but not too far behind.

"Hey Leila" yn says greeting me, I quickly smiled at her."Hey" "I'll see you later," Luke says before pecking yn's lips and walking away."Bye!" Yn says as Luke, Michael and Calum walked away. Yn looked at me, "you alright? " She asks, I nod slowly. "Yeah, of course, I am," I say, lying through my teeth.

"You know what I know your lying but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, I'm sure when your ready you will tell me," yn says, we then walked into the school building making our way to my locker like our usual routine but of course Ashton wasn't with us. He's too busy with his damn girlfriend. Jealousy sucks so much!

"Where's Ashton?" Yn asks as she leans up against the locker next to mine as I gathered my books for the first couple of lessons that we had after form. "He's with his girlfriend," I say as I closed my locker and looked at her. "Oh right," she says. "He spends so much time with her, he doesn't make time for us anymore," I say as we started walking to yn's locker.

"I don't think he means not to spend much time with us, it can be hard being in a relationship wanting to spend time with them and make time to see your friends," she says, I nod. "But we knew him first, he should want to spend more time with us," I say sighing.

"It doesn't work like that Leila," Yn says looking at me. "I know it just sucks I don't see him as much, I mean us," I say, covering myself I didn't want to let slip that I actually liked Ashton more than a friend.

"I know it sucks but that's life, Leila," Yn says as we carried on walking. "So how are you and Luke?" I ask changing the topic from Ashton. The more I think of him and Lucy the more I start to get jealous of her being with him when it should be me, that should be me!

"Yeah we're good," she says smiling to herself. "Alright spill it, why are you doing that look?" I ask. "What look?" She asks I roll my eyes at her playfully. "The look when you're so happy you want to scream out loud and announce it to the world," I say yn just laughed at me before she opened her locker and got the books that she needs for lessons after form.

"So what's got you smiling, I know it's to do with Luke," I say, I see her nod her head. "Yes it's to do with Luke," she says. "So what did he do that got you so- oh please don't tell me you had sex with him," I say, she just looked at me, she shook her head. "No of course not, we only got together officially last night," she says. Bingo there it is, that's why she's so smiley.