Part Twenty Three

Third-person pov:

That night Yn went to bed, clearly confused about what happened earlier, why Luke just ignored her after she called his name. What did she do for him to ignore her like that?

She was confused about it all, but then she started thinking back to the scene when she and Cameron stopped at her house because Luke was standing there. The way he acted around Cameron, his attitude, the way he spoke to Cameron and then the way he spoke to her, she couldn't quite work out if it was Luke being in a mood or if he was jealous. Jealous of what, her and Cameron? She barely even knew Cameron and Cameron barely even knew her so it couldn't be that Luke was jealous that she was spending time with another boy and not him, surely?

She didn't know what it was that made Luke so ignorant and rude as he walked away as she yelled his name, not looking back but she was confused by it all, it was all that was running through her mind as she laid in her bed trying to fall asleep. What was Luke's problem?

Luke, however, was laying in his bed on his phone, on his messages deciding whether or not to send a message to YN, explaining his behaviour and why he walked away and didn't at least turn around when she yelled his name. He wanted to explain to her but he didn't send the message instead he deleted it and locked his phone and placed it on the side. What was the point of explaining himself to her, would she even listen to him or would she be mad that he walked away and didn't turn back around when she called after him?

Luke didn't know what to do for the best, he was starting to really like Yn, despite the fact he hasn't known her that long, he knew that deep down the way he acted and his behaviour was due to seeing her with that Cameron guy. He didn't like seeing her with other boys because he wanted to be the only boy she was seen with, he knew he was stupid for acting the way he did but he didn't know what to do, he couldn't help the way he felt when he saw them together.

Even though yn said she liked him, he still couldn't believe a girl like her would like a boy like himself, he was a player, after all, he was scared, scared that he was starting to like her more and more each day and he was scared that any guy could come along and ruin his chances of ever being anything more than they were now. Why would she choose to be with a guy who is trying not to be a player when she could go out with a guy like Cameron?

Luke knew the way he acted wasn't the best way of dealing with the jealousy he had, he was jealous. Jealous of seeing her with another guy, another guy that he believed was better than him in every way. Had Cameron everything to offer Yn and himself? What did he have to offer? A risky relationship that may or may not happen and if it did it may not work? Why would she want that?

Luke knew that he probably left yn confused and maybe upset because of his actions, but isn't that what she is setting herself up for? a fall, after all, she's interested in a boy who used to think playing girls like toys were acceptable.

She's risking it, risking it all by trying to be something to the tall blonde haired labelled boy of her school, he could change his mind at any moment in time and decide to carry on being a player. But Luke was risking changing the way he is for the better just so he could get with the girl he likes when there is a slight chance if another guy comes along that she could drop him and leave him heartbroken. That's a possibility.

Luke didn't know what to do for the best, to explain himself to Yn and hope she would understand or not explain himself and hope she would still speak to him and he wouldn't have to explain himself to her about his behaviour. That is when he decided moments before he fell asleep, he was going to with the second option. He wasn't going to explain himself to her, Luke was hoping she will still speak to him and he wouldn't have to explain his behaviour to her. But Yn had other ideas before she fell asleep despite being confused by Luke's behaviour, she decided she was going to question him about it, tomorrow at school. She needed answers, and Luke was going to give her those answers.