Week Fourteen: Choreo

"Last week how are we feeling newbies?" Winter asks Tiffany, Walter and myself all at breakfast Monday. This is the most stressful week of the year. Lane and I already signed up for extra studio time an hour before rehearsals and and hour after them. The lining will be go go over our Lyrical Hip Hop and the afternoon will be for Contemporary. Lunch we will work on both. It's all very stressful.

"Feeling confident." Walter tells her and out of the corner of my eye I see Tiffany roll her eyes. She is holding hands with Simon as we all sit in the meal hall not wanting to get ready for rehearsals. As I said before this is the most stressful week but I've also been told it always goes the quickest.

"I'm excited but also scared it'll go by too quickly. This summer has flown like crazy." I voice my thoughts aloud and I can see a couple other shaking their heads in agreement.

"I'm excited to see everyone's finished numbers." Tiffany bursts. That girls happiness is infectious. I look at the time and see that it's 8:25 and share a look with Lane. We have to go start stretching out. We stand and wave goodbye to our friends and some stand as well knowing it's time to get to our studios. Lane and I walk hand in hand to our studio and I feel the nervous bubbles fill my stomach. I've done well with hip hop but I've also had all day for five days straight to work on it and that is no longer the case so I'm a little nervous.

We stretch out listen to music. I just hope whoever we get for our choreographers aren't rude like a couple of the ones we've had this summer. It's nine o'clock when the door opens and in walks Tyson and Paige our choreographers from week five. I rush over and give Paige a hug as Lane and Tyson do the bro hug thing.

"Alright guys it's good to be back and now we have a number to teach you." They have ya do two trust exercises before we start learning the choreography. They separate us for the first little part teaching us our parts in our own little ways. Paige is nice and slow with me, helping my learn all the counts properly and we slowly work together to get it sped up. It's amazing that we get to work with them for our last number.

When lunch rolls around Lane and I have all the choreo learned it's just getting it up to speed that we need to work on. We run and grab some food and I down like three water bottles and we wait for our next choreographer. At one on the dot Travis walks in. He was our week four choreographer. He has us get straight into learning the routine and he says our chemistry has come along way in only a little over a month.

By the time rehearsals and supper are over I'm exhausted. I tell lane I'll meet him early in studio 13 before heading to my dorm. I dial my mothers number hoping that she is still up.

"Hello?" She answers on the first ring.

"Mom! I feel like it's been forever! I tried to call you last week."

"Sorry honey! I got you message I just forgot to call. This case is kicking my butt. On the plus side though I have our last trial time Wednesday and then a month until the sentencing and I think it's pretty solid so I'm hoping for the win."

"That's awesome mom good for you!" I smile knowing that the sooner this case is done the better.

"How has camp been are you excited to see me this weekend?" She asks me and I smile.

"I can't wait to see you! I'm going to introduce you to all of my friends! You'll love them."

"With what you told me I already do." She laughs and I feel a pang of longing. I feel like it's been too long since I talked to my mother.

"Did you already buy your tickets?" I pry.

"Of course. My flight leaves on Friday and then I'll drive to the camp Saturday morning before the big recital."