Week Three: Choreo

"Come on Cassie." I have given up on getting him to call me Cassandra. I stand up again as we start the number again from the top. This one is much much harder than the first week.

"Come on! Let's go guys. The counts are 1 and 2 and 3 and a 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and a 8. From the top again." It's day two and I'm already done with this number. I hate it. Most of it is straight hip hop. I can't do straight hip hop. Our choreographer doesn't seem to realize that I've never really danced hip hop.

"Again." He shouts and we start again from the same part we have been trying to get this part down for the whole morning. We dance it and my feet are starting to hurt.

"Stop!" He shouts at us. We stand up normally. "What the hell is this! You think you have any chance at placing anywhere but last with this number?" He asks us and I try to calm my breathing. "I thought I was working with two young professionals who wanted to work in this trade and you can't even do this simple number." He pauses to look at me. "Let's get serious please." He walks out the door as I notice it's time for lunch already.

"He's something else hm?" I look towards Lane.

"You know maybe he's got a point. You're not taking this seriously enough."

"What are you talking about!?" I glare at him.

"Just because you don't see this as a- a real genre you don't try as hard."

"I'm trying as hard as I can."

"Yea right! My dog can dance this routine better than you can."

"This is only my second week with this genre, my second time dancing anything like this."

"Yea but if it was ballet you would have booked the studio already!"

"You got mad at me week one for booking the studio!"

"At least then you were trying."

"What the hell Lane! I'm trying."

"Not hard enough." He walks out the door slamming in the process. I stare at the door. He didn't have to be so rude. I want to cry but I know I can't. I can get though this and do this. I don't need his help anyways. I leave the studio and decide to skip lunch. I go to the field and think of the dance. I set a timer on my phone as I know when to go back to the studio. I start off slow going through everything at my own pace. I try to get it as precise as possible going over things until I feel comfortable with them. I do this and only get half way through the dance before my alarm goes off. I didn't even get to the part we've been rehearsing all morning.

I walk back to the studio to find both Lane and the choreographer waiting for me. We start with the same part at full speed and I know this is doing nothing for me.

"Cassandra. I just want to see you do it all by yourself." He says and I stare at him. I clench my jaw and get into my starting position. He starts the music and counts me in. I start and then I know I'm a beat behind. I try to catch up and I know everything is sloppy. He stops the music. I feel so frustrated. "Again." He says. He counts me in and shouts the counts at me as I'm dancing. I want to cry but I push past it. He stops and stares at me. "Are you seriously crying?! I should be the one crying! Your butchering my routine." I glare at him and I feel myself on the breaking point.