Week Seven: Performance

"You ready?" I look into his eyes as he smiles at me. We get out on the stage and it begins. I channel my character and her sad sorry. I feel the emotions play over my face. I kick away his briefcase and we start really dancing.  We dance in sync with each other feeding off the energy. I find myself remembering to focus on which direction I need to be facing. All of the steps need to be precise and on time. I try to convey the emotions my character would be feeling on my face to sell the performance.

We get to the course and there is a lot of hair flipping but I know what's coming up. The bridge part is where timing and directionality are the most important. As we go through I can feel my body nailing each and every part of the dance. He puts his hand on my chest and pumps it. I dance my mini solo part as he walks back around to the briefcase. He picks it up and I whip my head as he walks away. As we finish we both leave the stage and I'm super pumped.

"That was amazing!" I whisper shout jumping into his arms. He spins me and I laugh. We nailed that one!

We watch as the rest of the performances go only after the last one is finished so I realize what's coming up next. After this list is posted Winter and Tiffany have 25 minutes to get me ready before I need to be at the entrance to the camp.

I watch as the post the list holding my breath. Top five please! I find myself chanting.

"We placed fifth!" Lane laughs

"Not bad" I smirk at him. I feel someone grab my arm. I am dragged out of the crowd. I look at the person who has my arm and it's Winter of course. Tiffany is in front of her shouting at people to move out of the way. We rush all the way back to the girls quarters in the camp. They rush me into my room.

"Time?" Winter practically shouts in my ear.

"We have 20 minutes." She nods. Tiffany pulls out a makeup kit and Winter plugs in the hair straightener.

"We are going for a natural look." Winter tells me. Tiffany primes my face and Winter starts making my hair wavy with the straightening iron. I sit as still as I possibly can. Tiffany finishes first. She rushes into this bag and pulls out a white shirt and blue skinny jeans as well as some flats.

"What is this?" I ask her.

"This is outfit number one." She tells me.

"What's number two?" I ask her.

"That's for later." She winks at me. Winter finishes and demands I put the outfit on. I start stripping putting it on. The shirt goes off my shoulders and has bell bottom sleeves. The jeans look so bright with the crisp white shirt and I actually love it.