Week Six: Performance

"You sure you can keep up Lane?"

"Of course I can keep up with you Cassie." He laughs and we watch as Tiffany and Walter finish their number. The thing that sucks about these competitions is that whatever you placed last week is the order you'll perform the next week. So we are dancing 4th. Tiffany and Walter run off the stage and we walk on getting into position. It's like we go from zero to eighty.

We both dance so hard. When we both finish we leave the stage. I smile when we get off. "How do you think we did?"

"I don't know. I mean we did awesome but I don't know what the judges will think of it. It was a really strange piece." He tells me and I laugh. We go back into the main part of auditorium. We watch all the other dances. Lane makes funny comments here and there about the dancers that has me laughing uncontrollably. I find myself actually liking spending time with him. Even if he doesn't like me the way I think I'm starting to like him.

We both watch as the list comes up. Week six already I'm almost half way done. It's insane. I search the list for our names.

"5ths not bad

"5ths not bad." I say still a little disappointed.

"It's better than 7th." Lane reminds me and I totally agree. I see that we did better this week than Winter and Simon. Which is strange they usually place better than us.

"Go and change into something comfortable and I'll be at your cabin in 10 minutes." Lane says to me before leaving the auditorium. I rush back to the cabin and into my room. I throw on some shorts and a tank top and pull my hair back into a ponytail so it's out of my face. For fun I add a hat. I don't know what we will be doing but I hope that this outfit works.

True to his word Lane was knocking on my door 10 minutes later. I go to open the door. "Hey so what's up?"

"Come on." Lane grabs my hand and I feel rifles shoot up through my hand. I smile at him. He drags me past the first couple of markers and I instantly know we are heading to the rock.

When we get there Lane pulls out his own Bluetooth speaker. "What's going on?" I ask him.

"I'm going to teach you how to improve your hip hop. Your not as bad as you seem to think. You sell yourself short and I know if you had more confidence then you wouldn't hesitate or get near as nervous." Since the comps are in the morning we usually have the whole rest of the day to do whatever. I think about this and honestly what's the harm.

"Okay so where do we start?"

"Show me some moves you feel comfortable with. Like if you do them it works and makes you look good." I show him the limited number of moves I feel good doing.