Week Eleven: Choreo

Monday morning I get to the studio early. I start to practice just messing around a little before Shelli comes into the studio. She looks crazy.

Shelli gets all up in my face. I slowly try to back away from her but she keeps coming closer and closer. I've never been more scared of her in my life. I feel my back hit the wall knowing that I'm completely trapped. "You have no idea who you are messing with. I warned you."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Lane doesn't like you!!"

"Then why did he ask me out? Why are we dating?" I ask her and she glares at me.

"You best back off or else?"

"Or else what? You'll spout out a lie to your mom and I'll get kicked out? There is no way you'll win Shelli just accepted it." My voice comes out confident but that's the last thing I feel. My hands tremor behind my back. I try to stand taller but I feel shrunk in her glare.

"Fuck you!" She hissed in my face. She pushes me into the wall before leaving the studio. I feel the wind get knocked out of me. I try to catch my breath as she rushes out and I watch her. I feel my body slowly fall to the ground as I try to calm myself. I take a deep breath and my eyes go back to the door as it opens and a curious Lane walks into the studio.

"Cassie? Are you okay?" He rushes over to me.

"I'm fine." I tell him still trying to catch my breath and trying to get back on my legs even though I have shaky knees.

"What the hell was Shelli doing in here?" Lane asks me helping me stand up.

"I don't know." I say honestly. "She said she warned me."

"Did she hurt you?"

"Just pushed me into the wall." I tell him.

"That's it I'm coming with you to the studio."

"Lane—"

"Cassie she hurt you."

"I'm okay"

"No your not and even if you are what she did was against the rules."

"I'm fine Lane" I tell him. I hate that she can get that kind of reaction out of me. As much as I want to say that I was strong I was also terrified.

"Cassie she could of really hurt you! What if she purposely hit you!"

"Lane!"

"What?"

"Calm down. If it makes you feel better you can come with me early in the mornings to stretch out."

"Okay."

"Just don't make it a bigger deal than it is. She doesn't scare me." I lie. Shelli acted super crazy this morning. She's always been very passive aggressive when talking to me and today it was like she was a different person.

"My strong independent woman." Lane smirks as we resume stretching. I go to the bar for some resistant stretching. Lane stands up and I smirk.

"Hey Lane." I say aloud and he looks over at me. I run and jump at him and he catches me spinning like I knew he would. I think back to week five and how much I miss Tyson and Paige. If it wasn't for them who would have known if Lane and I would even be acting civil  towards each other. A couple minutes later our choreographer walks in.

"All stretched out I hope." We nod and he jumps in. This routine is about a couple that is back and forth but never really together or apart. Lane is the person I can't have, and I pains us both that I can't have him but I'm the end I decide to walk away from him. Deciding my life is better without him. We start on the choreo and Lane helps me out as best he can. I can tell the choreographer is getting upset by how slow we are taking everything. "I wanted to be able to tech you all the choreo today but if we continue at this pace it'll take us until Friday just to learn it.