Week Five: Performance

"Are you ready for this?" Lane asks me, something in his eyes had changed. This week has helped us grow so much as a team. And I know it will help us in future weeks as well.

"Of course. I trust you." I tell him and he smirks. We walk out onto the stage and take a seat at the table. I'm decked out in wedding gear and Lane is in a white tux. We pretend to drink as the music starts. We dance hard giving everything our all. Before I know it we are half way done and Lane rips off the extra skirt. I can hear Paige's voice in my head telling me to be sexy. I dance all out with him. He helps me up on the table with a wink as the dance is almost over. We do our choreography and I moon walk which Paige and I spent a long time doing. I trust fall off the table and into a waiting Lane's arms. We finish the last couple of seconds before he dips me. He pulls me up and stares into my eyes.

"You did phenomenal." He tells me before we pull away. We head back stage and see Paige and Tyson.

"You two were on fire on that stage!" Paige says and I laugh a little out of breath. We go and watch the other eleven performances. They all do amazing but it doesn't make me nervous this week because I know Lane and I did the best we could have done. We own that dance and that stage and made it all ours in the matter of two minutes. When everyone is finished I go to where the list is posted. I smirk as I look at it. I turn back to find Lane at the back of the group of people waiting patiently.

"Lane!" I shout. I rush over to him and jump into his arms.

"We placed fourth!" I tell him super excited

"No way that's awesome!" He spins me and I laugh. He puts me down and I go over and grab a water for both of us. I throw his at him and he smirks taking it. We both go and change before heading to the lounge. No one is here yet and it's just Lane and I. Is it strange that it's making me nervous?

"Hey." I smile at him.

"Hey" He falls down on the couch. He takes another swig if his water bottle.

"That was so much fun!" I tell him and he smiles genuinely. I've come to notice his real smiles and his fake smiles. His real smiles his eyes crinkle when he fake smiles they don't. I'm glad I don't get very many fake smiles anymore.

"That was our best performance yet."

"I know! It's all so exciting!"

"Who knows maybe next week we will place first." He shrugs watching me closely.

"Maybe. Wouldn't that be great. I'm okay if we don't place first all the time but I for sure want to place first at least once. I would prefer for us to place in top five every week but the dances keep getting harder and harder." I tell him and he nods.