Week Ten: Choreo

"This is a love piece." Our choreographer tells us. "It's slow and beautiful. Make sure you have a connection because if you don't it won't work." I nod my head looking at Lane. I don't know if I love him but I know I like him a lot.

As we start the dance I find myself more focused on Lane than the dance. He is so strong and I'm glad that I got him as a partner. We go through the whole dance and the choreographer loves it he says we are on fire. By the end of day one we have learned the whole dance.

When I finish supper I decide just to go back to my dorm. I decide to call my mom just to check in. "Hello? Mom?"

"Oh hi honey." She sounds so broken.

"Mom are you okay?"

"It's just been a long day honey? What about you? What's going on at camp?" She asks me and I feel kind of selfish actually wanting to answer the question.

"Are you sure your okay mom?"

"I am I'm just working alone on this next case honey."

"Really?"

"Yea it's a lot but I'm hoping for a raise if I can win this one." She tells me.

"I'm rooting for you mom."

"I know honey. But tell me about yourself something to get my mind off this silly case."

"We'll you know my dance partner Lane?"

"The one you went on a date with?" She asks.

"Yea him, he asked me out yesterday."

"Asked you out how?"

"Asked me to be his girl friend." I tell her.

"Wow. That's crazy. What did you say?" She asks me.

"I said yes. We have spent almost every day together for ten weeks and I do like him so."

"You always were a romantic." Mom laughs.

"I know it's crazy but I really like him."

"I thought you hated that he called you Cassie?"

"I do but it's kind of grown on me." I tell her.

"Wow that's crazy." Mom says.

"I know but it's like a special name that only he gets to call me it makes me feel kind of special."

"You two sound like your straight from a fairy tail book."

"No way mom not with how much we hated each other in the beginning." I remind her.

"Well honey I think I need to get back to work. Thanks for the break and I'll call you next week." She tells me and I feel a little sad. I miss talking to her about everything but I know that she is really stressed over this case. I try not to let it bug me as much.

I decided for my night away from camp I wanted to take Lane geocaching. It's something that my dad and I would do if we had some free time together and I loved it so much. I haven't gone since he's been gone but I feel like maybe it's something I need.