Week Four: Performance

"So last night?"

"What about it."

"I've never seen you perform at the cabin."

"It's not only for you." He says and I shake my head.

"I'm not saying- I was only going to say that was an interesting song choice."

"Shelli and Vinnie picked it." He tells me. " We made a bet. They said that I can't hip hop dance to anything and said to dance to that song and I proved them wrong." I nod my head understanding. We continue to stretch out before Travis comes back.

"Well you did pretty amazing." I tell him honestly. Lane already has a big ego but I felt like he needed to know it was good. It's nice to see the fun side of Lane every once and a while.

"Thanks." He clears his throat before we stretch in silence. Travis walks in and we start rehearsal.

"Did you two take the time to get to know each other? Because it doesn't look like it." He tells us after our first run through. I can see that Lane was just as frustrated about it as I am.

"We did. I found out that Cassie lives thirty minutes away from me and that her father walked out on her."

"My dad didn't walk out on me." I yell glaring at him. "You're talking about shit you don't know anything about so shut the hell up."

"Okay no more. Cassandra no swearing please." Both Lane and I glare at each other. I can't believe he just said that to me. "I think I found a way for this piece to still have it's emotional value and be perfectly preformed. I need both of you to think about a time when you felt betrayed and then think about a different time when you felt love. Think back to those emotions and use them, portray them in the dance okay?" I nod.

We dance again and I channel my emotions. I do as Travis instructed. We dance together beautifully both of us getting the proper emotion portrayed. All I know for sure is I will never feel this love emotion for Lane.

~

"I'm so nervous!" I mumble to myself and I see Lane rolls his eyes. It seems that we are back to hating each other after our little blow up in front of Travis. I decided to put it behind us but it seems Lane was pissed about it which I don't get. He is the one that said shit about me that isn't true. I was so angry he said something like that in front of our Choreographer.

After the blow up I went to the rock and danced it all out. I don't understand why he would assume something like that and not say it to me before he blurts something like that in front of someone else. I push all my thoughts away just wanting to get through this performance. We both dance our hearts out and I think everyone loved it. I watch as the list is posed for this week.

 I watch as the list is posed for this week

"7th again. I hate 7th place."

"Well get used to it." Shelli laughs at me. I glare at her. "Because you aren't going any higher than that. Especially next week." She laughs as she walks away from me. I hate it when people underestimate me. I head towards the lounge not wanting to think about anything today. When I get there it is jammed with people which never happens. I look around and see the guys are having some sort of video game match off. Not wanting to be in this crowded area I head to my rock.