Week Thirteen: Performance

I know I must look like crap. Because this whole week I haven't gotten any sleep. I don't know what Winter said to Lane after we got to the dorm Wednesday night but all day durning rehearsals Thursday and Friday he left me alone. I don't know if she told him to or not but he wouldn't even look at me. Our choreographer wanted us to work out what ever was going on but both of us ignored him. I was angry. He was the one who messed this up not me, he was the one still talking to his ex if Danica was even his ex for all I know they could be still dating.

Winter and Tiffany have been amazing to me with keeping him and the other guys away from me. Very protective and I even took them back out to the rock last night. None of the guys in our group knows what to do or whose side to take because they all know that something went down between Lane and I.

Saturday comes and I find myself dreading the time I usually get excited about. We wait backstage not saying anything at all. I place my head phones in trying to get into my character. Lane stretches out and it's like we are back to week two. Like nothing has changed since the start of summer but we both know that's wrong. I knew I should have kept my distance from Lane. Since we are first only winter and Simon are backstage with us. Winter is glaring at Lane who glares back and Simon just seems uncomfortable about everything.

We go out and give everything our all and we both know we've performed better. When we get off the stage neither of us say a word, Lane leaves and Tiffany tells me to go wait for her and Winter in the audience. I change out of the costume and decide I don't want to watch everyone else perform and I go to my rock. When I get there I'm surprised to see Lane. He is pacing back and forth his phone held up to his ear.

"No I don't know what happened. You don't think I know that Danica! I'm trying here. You don't get it! Because you almost know everything right!" He pulls the phone away from his ear staring at it. "Fuck!" He shouts pocketing it. His pacing gets quicker and I feel the rage building in me. I step out from behind the tree and he stops to look at me.

"What?!" He shouts out.

"We need to talk." I tell him.

"So now you want to talk well I think I know everything I need to know and we are done." It's like a slap across the face. This is his fault not mine.

"Your the one that messed everything up!"

"What the hell are you talking about Cassie! This is why—" he growls out in frustration. "All I know was last week you were dancing on the cabin stage for me and this week you won't even look at me. Your friends are telling me to leave you the eff alone if I want to keep my balls and I don't even know what changed!" He throws his hands out and my heart starts racing.

"Why do you still talk to Danica?" I ask him.

"What does Danica have to do with anything you don't even know her!" He yells at me.

"What is she to you?" I ask him and his jaw drops.

"What the hell did Winter tell you?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Nothing! She didn't tell me anything, she didn't have to when I heard it for myself!" I snap at him.

"Heard what Cassandra please explain to me what you think you know about me." He says sarcastically.

"Your cheating on me!" I shout at him and his jaw drops.

"What?! Are you insane!?"