Week One: Choreo

"Grrr." I slam my hand down on my alarm as the first day at camp starts. I don't really know what to wear to a hip hop class. Do I wear normal dance attire? Or just sweat pants and a normal top?

"Hey girlie!" Winter walks in the room in some work out clothes and heels. "Need help?"

"What do I wear?" I ask her hopeless. She smirks and walks over to my wardrobe.

"Let me see what you have to work with..." She throws out a pair of leggings with a workout top. While she is looking through my clothing I decide to pin my bangs back. Since my hair is too short to put in a pony tail. She smirks pulling out a pair of shoes my mother bought me.

"What are those?" I scrunch up my nose.

"These will be perfect for hip hop."

"But they have no arch support!" I rush out using the same excuse I told my mom why I never wear them.

"It's hip hop. You need shoes like these." I sigh and put the whole outfit on. When I'm finished I feel like I'm going to school not the studio. "Perfect." Winter smiles. "We need to hurry, it's already 8:30." I nod and rush into the main room. I grab four waters out of the fridge. That should tie me over until lunch, gotta keep yourself hydrated. I decide not to grab breakfast before rushing into the studio. I get to studio 13 and hesitate. I hope I don't disappoint anyone. I open the door to see no one. Well that's a good sign so far no one can be disappointed because I'm the only person here.

"No ones here yet?" I say to myself. I start stretching out knowing that I need to keep up my flexibility. Its eight fifty when Lane finally shows up.

"How long have you been here?"

"Almost 20 minutes." I smile.

"Over achiever much?" I roll my eyes. Why did I think he would suddenly like me? I'm only learning a whole new genre for him.

"That wasn't what I was going for." I state the warmth that was once in my voice gone. He looks at me.

"Cassie?" I ignore him. I'm not going to let him call me that. "Come on seriously? Whats wrong with Cassie?"

"Whats wrong with Cassandra?" I snap back.

"Too long, its also a mouthful and everyone calls you that. Since I'm your partner I wanted to give you a special name. You can give me one too."

"How about I call you son of a-"

"Lane and Cassandra right?" A lady walks in.

"Yup that's us." Lane smirks. He just knows all the right buttons to push when it comes to me and I hate it!

"Alright I hope you were both here early to stretch and if you weren't, you will be coming early to stretch." She states. I nod not saying anything.

"Yes ma'am." He smirks at her and I roll my eyes.

"Listen here pretty boy, I am your Choreographer for the week. I'm here to teach you not flirt with you, there are plenty other girls here to do that with, don't waste your so called 'charms' on me. Now lets begin." I swear I almost burst out laughing.

"I-"

"Now both of you shoes off." I rip my shoes off thankful to get them off. "This number we will not be wearing shoes." She grabs my arm. "I want you here." She leads me to a spot "And you here. This is how we start the number."

~

"Holy crap." I walk into my dorm after my first full day at camp. I sit down on the couch, more like plop down. I think about my first day and I get excited we have half of the dance done. She said tomorrow we will finish it and then Wednesday we would clean it up and if it looks half decent she would throw in a stunt which I think I would enjoy. But this is harder than I thought it would be. I sigh then decide to run to the studios. I see that most of the studios were booked. I see that our studio isn't but then I read the fine print.