Week Six: Choreo

"This week is going to be so much fun!!" I laugh as I enter the studio. I'm surprised to find Lane already there. He is standing with his back towards me. I smile as I get an idea. "Lane!" I shout and he turns surprised to see me. I run full sprint at him and I see him smirk as I throw myself at him. Of course he catches me. He puts me down shaking his head.

"You almost gave me a heart attack."

"What were you doing?" I ask him.

"Just rehearsing."

"Rehearsing what?"

"Random number I made up."

"No way let me see it."

"No it's a surprise for the cabin." He laughs and I pout. He shakes his head at me as I put down my bag.

"Come on let's stretch." We both stretch out. it seems like both of us are both in a good mood today. We wait for our choreographer in silence neither of us talking our choreographer walks in a little late which is unusual. I know this is my first year but most choreographers hate it when you are late and this is the first I've ever had that had been late.

"This number is about two people who are selfishly focused on their own path. They don't care about the other person but they realize fast that they need the other person to farther their endeavours." She quickly tells us. "Let's begin."

~

"I have never had a choreographer that was late" Lane says as we are finished on Monday night.

"Me either. Even though it's only week six for me."

"I've been here for five years. That is unheard of." He tells me as we head to the lunch hall. We eat with our friends and when we finish I stop Lane.

"I- um want to show you something."

"What?" He asks.

"Just follow me." I ask him and he nods. I start out the familiar trek. I show him all the markers along the path and I watch as he takes note of each. I think he knows where we are going. We come to the rock first.

"Whoa." He says as he sees the rock. He walks over to it. "This place is so cool." I laugh as he jumps to stand on the rock.

"Look." I point to the carvings in the rock. His hands trace the names just as mine have many times.

"Colbie Sanders, Jessi Lorentus, Teresa Frentron" he whispers to himself.

"Do you know them?"

"I remember Teresa. She came here my first three years. She won her last year which was 2017."

"The year she found the rock." I say and he nods.

"She was very scatter brained. Always disappearing her partner William was so worried they would lose because he could never find her to practice."

"That's crazy." I smile liking the thought that these were real people here and not just carvings.

"Come here." I smile as I grab his hand. He follows me with no complaints. I take him to the trees area. He has already seen this area but I wanted to show him the carvings. I walk to the tree and he smiles tracing the carving.