Week Two: Choreo

"Finally something I can do." I walk into the studio and stretch out. Lane still isn't here. I try to keep my mind off of him but sometimes I just always come back to him. I make sure I am ready for when the choreographer comes in. Lane walks in ten minutes before starting time. He stretched out a little and we don't talk. He keeps to himself and me to myself. When I'm done my resistance stretching the choreographer walks in. Out of no where there is a bed being assembled in the middle of the room. It's on a high slant and I stare at it. Why would we need a bed?

"Alright guys. This routine you will be using this and these." She pulls out five huge packets of rose petals. She places them on the bed. I stare at everything. I've never used a bed as a prop. "So, for this number you two are recently broken up lovers. You," she points to Lane "are having dreams about your ex lover. She broke your heart and you can't get her out of you head." She says and then turns to me. "You are a figure of his imagination. The girl that he let get away."

"Okay." I nod understanding.

"Now for the start I want Lane on the bed."

"Ooo I like the sound of that." Lane winks at me and I roll my eyes. He is such an egotistical jerk.

"Let's go." She shakes her head at him. He sits down on the bed. "Now sleep." Lane gets into a comfortable sleeping position. "Cassandra come here." She pulls me over to behind the bed. "You will be behind here where the audience can't see you." I nod my head. "Alright let's begin."

~

The dance wasn't hard and I caught on fast. Lane seemed to be struggling with it more than I was. Of course I suggested he book studio time but he of course had too much pride to do that. I offered on Tuesday and Thursday to help him with it early in the morning and he said sure. I feel like this week we can make up for the 11th place we got last week. Of course Winter and everyone says that it doesn't matter but it does to me.

On Wednesday morning Shelli walks into our rehearsal. Of course I don't want her here. We run through the dance and quarter way in she enters our room. Our choreographer doesn't notice her so we continue dancing. When we finish Shelli claps her hands.

"Misty mother wants to speak to you." Shelli smiles at our choreographer. She nods before leaving the room. "What was that? That was pathetic. To think I thought you two might actually be good." She laughs in our faces. Lane doesn't look affected but me, I'm ready to snap at her.

"It's only day three of rehearsals." I tell her.

"Cameron and I have ours memorized and perfected."

"Shelli what are you still doing here?" Lane asks her and she smirks.

"Just having a little fun. You know Lane you used to be fun. Danica told us all about it."

"Is that so?" He shrugs it all off.

"You used to win a lot of weeks last year too. Looks like that wont be happening this year." She gives me a sideways glace. I glare at the girl who has no manners.

"Shelli enough." Lane rolls his eyes at her.

"Sorry your new partner sucks but I mean that is what happens when you piss me off."

"Who do you think you are? Just because mommy got you a spot here doesn't mean you deserved it. The rest of us had to work our buts off to get in here. What did you have to do? Nothing because your not worthy of being here on your own." I snap. It looks like I hit home because her eyes blaze.