Orientation

"Welcome to Harrison lake intense dance comp." The lady behind the podium speaks. "I am the head director Mrs. Lampton." Everyone claps. "Now as most of you know this is an Intense three months of training followed by the Comp. Because this is our ten year the prizes are even better than ever. This is the camp where a male and female will be named this years best duo as well so go home with $100,000 dollars each and the opportunity to get signed to a company. As well as a thank you for choosing this camp this year each of the competitors will get a copy of each danced performed and a personal copy of their performances for their portfolios. Now you will get a list in your dorms later tonight of who your partners are, what two dances you are assigned to and the choreographers you will be working with each week!"

"Holy $100,000 each that's insane!" Simon says from beside Winter.

"This is so cool I heard that this year they have amazing choreographers too." Winter says to me. We are sitting in the theatre with twenty eight other dancers.

"Week one will start tomorrow. As for tonight as most of you know there will be a party to start off the summer, but first we have a special treat for you all" She steps away from the podium and gets off the stage as people run onto the stage. The dance is out of the box and very unique. It's amazing. They finish as the theater erupts into applause. Mrs. Lampton steps up the podium as they take a bow.

"These are your Choreographs along with Mia Michaels, Travis Wall and much much more. Now before we let you go we do have some rules at need to be addressed. You need to be at the studio's every day at nine until five pm with a short break for lunch of course. After hour studio time has to be booked before you can use the studios. No boys in the girls dorms after eight and no girls in the boys dorms after eight. The lounge is closed until two o'clock every day. The cabin is only open on Sundays and Wednesdays. Each of you gets one day off of camp grounds so much sure to use it wisely. Now enjoy your summer, work hard and most importantly have fun."

Everyone gets up to go and do things. Winter grabs my hand. "Come on lets go and see what our summer dances are!" We rush to our dorm. I grab the folded paper that is in my mail cubbie. I open it hoping that maybe Aaron was wrong about Lane being my partner but my hope is quickly shattered.

Partner: Lane Regens

Odd Weeks: Lyrical Hip Hop

Even Weeks: Contemporary

Studio: 13

I stop reading to look at the odd week dance again. Hip hop!! I rush over to the orientation table. "Hi I think there was something wrong in my dance choices.

"Alright and your name is?"

"Cassandra Monlar." She looks through a file folder.

"Alright here we are. You ticked off Ballet and Contemporary for evens and odds you ticked off Lyrical Hip Hop."

"I thought it was just Lyrical."

"Oh I'm so sorry dear but you didn't tick off any other dances in the odds so it's not like I can change you over plus your partner picked the same dances as you so unless you can get him to switch there is really nothing I can do."

"Thank you." I walk over towards the guys dorm. I knock on their door as another boy I have never met opens the door.

"And you are?"

"Cassandra. I'm looking for Lane."

"Right well I'm Cameron." He smiles at me. "Lane." He yells into the dorm. He comes to the door.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure." He walks outside. "How can I help you Cassie?"

"My name is Cassandra." I glare at the boy.