Week Ten: Performance

"Lane, come on we have to hurry!"

"Why?" He asks me.

"We placed first last week we are first to perform." I tell him.

"I forgot about that."

"No more talking lets go!" I drag him out of his dorm and towards the performance hall. We rush to get our costumes on and I rush to hair and makeup. We go as fast as we can and we are the first number back stage. I take a deep breath thankful that this number is Lyrical.

Winter and Simon are back stage and I'm glad out of everyone that they are after us. Lane walks over to me with some music and I smile that he remembered what I told him week one about how music can kind of calm me down. I place one of the ear buds in my ear and he placed the other in his. We listen to his music together and thankfully he doesn't have too bad taste of music. I listen as the bell rings and we put the phone down. We walk out onto the stage and get into our starting poses.

This dance is all about love and we put it all out on the dance floor. I found myself looking at Lane's face and he would smile back almost every time. All our lifts were practically perfect and the dance was just so beautiful. By the end of the dance I know that whether we place first or last we can get through it together.

As we walk off Winter stops me. "That was so beautiful Cassandra." Her head nods towards Lane and then she winks at me. I shake my head at her and we leave as Winter and Simon take the stage. Lane and I go and sit in the audience watching all the numbers. I feel him grab my hand and I smile down at our hands.

"You ready for our date?" He asks me.

"Of course. Are you sure you can keep up?" I ask him taking the words he used week one.

"Don't be silly Cassie." He whispers as the next number starts on stage. I find myself wondering what camp so far would have been like if I convinced Lane to switch from Lyrical Hip Hop. I don't think any of this would have happened. He probably would have hated me for the whole summer. I can't imagine Lane hating me anymore and I'm glad he doesn't. I know that I wasn't meant to fill that application out properly.

After the last dance is finished I look at Lane. "You have an hour to get ready before you need to meet me at the front doors." I tell him.

"Is that so?" He winks.

"Yes." We walk over to where the list is.

" We walk over to where the list is

"Second!" I tell him ecstatic.

"Definitely better than seventh." He laughs.

"See you in an hour." I say rushing away from him. Winter and Tiffany follow me and they start to get me ready. I take a speedy shower. We leave my hair to dry naturally. Tiffany found an outfit while I was showering and Winter starts in my makeup. We are going for a super casual look for all this so it's not a crazy amount of makeup. Tiffany has me put the outfit on and I love it. Red flannel dark wash jeans, white beanie and warm socks and shoes.