Prologue

This story will be updated sparingly, which means that it will be written on my spare time and updated every couple of weeks most likely. Sorry for the inconvenience but I have school as my first priority. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dimitri was seated on the very edge of his bed, his knees drawn up to his chest, pressing hard against his torso. His toes were curled painfully inwards, to the point where they colored white, and with every flinch or movement, they seem to clench harder. His hands covered his ears, pushing tightly against them as if this very action could somehow assist, in any way, at blocking the frighteningly loud noises echoing from outside his bedroom door. Silent tears trickled down his pale cheeks in a steady stream and dripped down onto the floor with a tiny splash. His sunken eyes from worry gave a strict impression of a sickly and delicate child; he looked as if he would vomit at any given moment, his anxiousness causing sweat to bead along his forehead. He let out a shuddering breath, but within the next second flinched violently as the next set of screaming came. 

"Why? Why are you leaving me for that woman that you barely know?! Is it because of me that you are doing this? Don't you love me anymore, does the words 'until death do us part' mean anything to you? I am your wife!" Dimitri's mother screamed in despair, the agony in her voice noticeable to all.

Dimitri could already imagine what she looked like right now. Kneeling on the floor clutching desperately at her husband's pants, dressed in one of her nightly gowns, sobbing with messy tears and snot running down her haggard looking face, eyes begging him to stay home and not to leave.

The sound of a slap echoed through the air, like thunder, causing Dimitri to suck in a sharp breath as even the pitiful try to cover his ears could not block the noise from resonating through his head.

A slap that said it all.

That this man who is Dimitri's mother's husband, and his father, did not care one bit about this women who was kneeling in front of him desperately trying to fix their relationship that went wrong somewhere down the line, and had every intention to leave this house. 

"Good god women, how many times must I tell you? This marriage is through, I'm divorcing you. I found someone that I actually want to be with. Besides, I never loved you since the beginning."

Dimitri knew that those last words would be the breaking point, the one thing that would really push his mom over the edge and into a place of no return, and he was right.

Stop it, stop hurting her! Dimitri shouted in his thoughts, but had no strength to say it out loud. Dimitri was a weak willed child that could never stand up for himself, could never say no or resist if others commanded him to do something.

This was a trait that Dimitri hated about himself, but had no idea on how to change that way of thinking, he only knew how to do that, nothing else. That is why he's not able to stop this constant bickering and fighting between his parents, could not stop the fatal outcome of their unhappy marriage.

"Then what about your child, are you just going to leave him, he's only seven years old, what kind of father does that?" Dimitri's mother complained.

"That child is an annoyance; I do not care for him. He's useless to me; I have never wanted him in the first place. Besides, he's old enough to take care of himself."

Dimitri pressed his hands harder to his ears to try to stop the hurtful words from being heard. Why dad? Dimitri question. Why do you hate me so, what have I done to make you act so cold to me, your own child, tell me?