Chapter 21

Katniss POV
Me and Marisa are at the mall. I miss Xavier. Wait what the fuck?! Ugh I'm getting too attached.

Marisa and I were walking around seeing if any shop interests us. She stops abruptly and stares straight ahead.

I look at where she's glancing and there stood a guy, he's pretty hot. But that's the problem. He has a girl attached to him. And they're sucking they're faces off.

Marisa lets out a sob and walks up to him, the tears streaming down her face. She rips the girl off him and looks at him through tears. I run after her and hold the slut back.

"You're a fucking asshole!" Marisa screams and slaps him.

He stays dazed unmoving as Marisa runs to the bathroom. I walk up to him and punch him in the nose. Then I run after Marisa.

She's sobbing as her mascara runs down her face. I hug her and she hugs back, so tight that she almost cut my air supply. But I don't dare to say a word.

Mariana's mate, lets call him asshole for now, bursts in the bathroom and sees me and Marisa hugging. Tears roll down his face as he falls to his knees.

"I'm so sorry. Please don't reject me. I'm so sorry." Asshole begs with his hands clasped in front of him.

Marisa looks at me with tears rolling down her face.

'He's the only one who will make you truly happy. Give him a chance.' I mind link Marisa.

I nudge him with my foot. He looks at me.

"What's your name?" I ask

His eyes widen and more tears roll down his face. He covers his mouth and lets out a sob.

"Tyler Grey." He says, looking down.

"Are you a virgin?" I ask.

My question takes him by surprise and his head jerks to me. Surprisingly, he nods. I look at Marisa and she looks back at me.

"Get up." I order and he does.

Marisa throws her arms around him and kisses him fiercely. He kisses her back and I awkwardly leave.

I hear a whoosh and a door close so I'm guessing Marisa and Tyler used werewolf speed to go to their room, obviously mating. Oh well. Lemme enjoy the mall.

Wandering around, I go sit at a bench to rest my feet.

"Catnip?"

I wince at the nickname. Only one person called me that. Sighing, I slowly turn around.

"Um hi Max."

Oh, just so you know, uh Max is my brother. The one that I left behind and..yeah.

He runs over to me and hugs me. I tense up as I feel his tears on my shoulder.

"Catnip I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He cries.

I stay frozen, which is really stupid.

He sniffs the air and pulls away from me. Well, now he knows.

"You have a mate. And you mated?!" He yells.

I look at him bewildered.

"Of course I have a fucking mate. I am Luna of a pack but no don't try to give me fake fucking sympathy because I know that it's a fucking lie. All you've ever done is beat me up. So fuck off." I snarl.

He looks at me with wide eyes. I guess he didn't expect that outburst. I scoff and start walking towards Victoria Secret.

I know he won't follow me there. I know he won't follow me there. I know it.

"I guess my sister turned out to be a slut." He calls after me.

I freeze and I feel the tears brim my eyes. Once an asshole, always an asshole, right?

I walk to him and slap him. His head turned so fast, surprisingly, he didn't get whiplash.

"I guess my brother will always be an asshole right?" I whisper angrily.

I feel a tear slide down my face as I run outside. Deep breaths, Katniss. Deep breaths.

All that resolve breaks as I feel a pair of familiar arms around me and I collapse, sobbing in his chest. Wow. I find it funny how a couple of words put together in a sentence can hurt so much.

"What happened?" Xavier asks as soon as I stop crying.

Two words. Only two words can make him insane and go on a killing rampage until he finds him.

"My brother." I whisper.

Xavier growls and his eyes turn a deadly black with gold. I cringe and back away from him. I feel his skin earth and I know he's about to shift.

"Xavier please not here." I sob.

His tense position relaxes and his eyes turn their normal color. He sees me and immediately hugs me.

We walk to the forest and he shifts. I climb on his back and he runs to the pack house.

Xavier shifts back and grabs a pair of basketball shorts and puts them on. I feel numb as Xavier carries me to our room.

"You wanna talk about it or do you want me to make it go away for a while?" He asks.

I don't say anything, I just grab his shirt and crash my lips against his. I pull off my shirt and continue kissing him.

Slowly, I unbutton his shirt and trail my hands down his chest. He groans into the kiss and pulls away. I take that moment to breathe.

Xavier starts attacking my neck and I bite my lip, preventing any sounds from come out. That plan failed because once he got to me sensitive spot(my collarbone), I let out a breathy moan.

We complete the process of making babies and two hours later were side by side, freshly showered, sitting in an awkward silence.

"Cat baby what happened?" He asks.

Come on Katniss. You can do this. Or you can't.

"Um my brother called me, hugged me, found out we were marked and mated and that I was Luna. Then I was trying to get away from him so I started walking in the direction of, um, a girl store" I say, not wanting to say Victoria secret. "When he called me, he called me a slut."

My voice cracks at the end and my eyes well up with tears.

"I thought he changed, I had false hope because when he hugged me it felt like I could have my brother back. But I know that I can't trust him. Never." I say as a cascade of tears flow down my face.

Xavier hugs me and whispers soothing things in my ear while I bawl my eyes out on his shirt.

"Baby please don't cry, it hurts seeing you like this." Xavier says in a pained voice.

I sniffle and wipe my face. Get yourself together Katniss.

"There's the beautiful girl I know. You're too damn beautiful to be crying. So, fix up and we're going on a date."