Chapter 4

Vanessa👆
Katniss POV
I let out a small yawn as my eyes open. But I freeze as I feel something heavy on my stomach. I look and see that Xavier is sleeping on me.

Giggling softly, I run my fingers through his hair. I lose myself in my thoughts. Will he reject me? Or will I finally have a chance to start over, to be happy?

Will I actually ever be happy? With everything that's happened?

"Hello my love." I jump at the sound of his voice while letting out a small scream.

His laugh...it's like music to my eyes. My face burns and I try to bring the covers over my face but he stops me.

"I'm sorry love. May I know your name?" I swear to god he's so sweet what the fuck? Do I deserve him?

"Katniss." I whisper.

A smile takes over his face and I'm shocked by how perfect his teeth are.

"Well, Cat, I'm Xavier but you already know that. Let's play twenty questions. I'll start." Xavier says. My eyes widen. Well damn.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Blue."

"Mine is gray. Your turn"

"Favorite food? Mines pizza"

"Pasta. Favorite sport? Mine is American football"

"Soccer." I say.

"Oh damn I almost forgot. I, Alpha Xavier Black, accept you, Katniss Johnson, as my mate." He says.

I gasp and a warm feeling enclosed me. I was accepted. An alpha accepted me. I feel his hand cup my cheek and pull me closer.

"Can I?" He whispers, dangerously close.

"I don't know, can you?" I says back. He smirks.

"Well let's find out." And his lips connect with mine.

A kiss with your mate is indescribable. The way I'll describe is, they were fireworks. It's amazing. His mouth parted mine and soon our tongues were battling for dominance.

Until the door was slammed open. A girl stood there with the shortest skirt I've ever seen. She also had a crop top and a flat stomach.

"Vanessa. This is my mate. Katniss, this is Vanessa." Xavier says, his posture extremely stiff.

Vanessa shoots me an icy glare. What the hell did I do?

"Xavier baby come on. Can't you just come with me and we'll have some fun, just like old times. Please baby?" She pouts.

My jaw drops. Old times? I look at Xavier for some explanation but he won't meet my gaze. He's...he's been with other women.

Vanessa smiles at both our reactions. Xavier lets out a deep growl and starts to walk towards her.

"Xavier you will not lay a hand on a woman." I said, my voice higher than usual.

He freezes in place and looks back at me. I take the covers off my legs and start moving to get up.

"Don't." He says.

I roll my eyes and sat back.

"Vanessa. Leave. Now." He growls.

Vanessa looked at him with wide eyes and saw he wasn't kidding. She glares at me.

"I can make your life hell, I hope you know that. I know who you are. So watch your back." She growls and stomps off, slamming the door behind her.

Xavier is immediately by my side after she leaves. His eyes are full of regret and guilt.

"You've...you've slept with her?" I ask, my voice small and weak.

"I'm so sorry my love. I've been waiting two years for you. I know it's no excuse for what I've done. I'm so sorry." He says, his eyes wide and scared.

"You had your needs. As long as it doesn't happen again, I'm ok." I say, smiling softly at him.

He grins and I swear those teeth will blind me. Xavier grabs the back of my neck and pulls me into a kiss. I'm surprised at first but soon melt into it. There's no one here to stop us now.

Except for Marisa. Who walks in. Second time in a day. We pull away immediately, Xavier jumping about 3 feet back. She lets out a small squeal and turns red.

"Alpha, I'm so sorry. I'll leave now." She says, turning away.

"No, it's fine. Do what you need to." Xavier says with a small nod.

Marisa walks over to me and starts checking my legs and arms. That's when I realize. My arms, they're covered 

Thank god. I can't have Xavier seeing what I wrote. Marisa started talking to Xavier but everything sounds muffled.

Flashback
I lock the door behind me and place myself in the corner furthest away from the door. I can heard my brothers loud footsteps barreling up the stairs.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH! HOW DARE YOU FUCKING TALK TO ME IN SCHOOL, THINKING WE'RE DAMN BEST FRIENDS?!" He roars.

I whine softly. I just thought it would be funny. And I miss him as my brother.

I let out a scream as his punch breaks a hole in my door. There's no where for me to hide.

The door opens and his eyes are filled with rage and disgust. He stalks over to me and I curl into a ball trying to shield my ribs and my face from the damage.

A hand pats my head softly. I look up at him and he holds a look of sadness.

"Max?" I whisper. He smiles and helps me up. Why is he being so nice?

That's when his foot crashes into my stomach. Well I got my reason. I scream in pain and was cut short when he punched me across my jaw.

I put my hands up covering my face but he kicks me again and I lose balance and topple over. That's when I see him take off his belt.

"Max..please." I say, my voice barely above a whisper. He grabs my hair and punches me in the throat. I cough wildly

But that's when I feel the belt hit my side. My scream is warbled and scratchy. Over and over he hits me, each hit worse that the last.

"No ones ever going to love you, you disgraceful ugly piece of shit." He says and with a final kick to my ribs, I scream and fall unconscious.

Flashback over

"CAT BABY PLEASE SNAP OUT OF IT." I hear Xavier roar.

I shake my head and look up, tears trailing down my face. That's when my eyes roll back and I fall unconscious.