Chapter 3

Xavier👆
Max POV(Katniss brother)
I get home from school and go to my room.

'Hurry up you stupid bitch.'

I frown. My wolf has been bothering me ever since I helped my sister. What is he now regretting that choice?

'No you dumbass look on your bed.'

I see a folded note. What the fuck? Is this some secret admirer shit?

'No you egotistic asshole read the damn letter!'

"Okay, okay, jeez." I say aloud. I open the note and start reading.

"Dear oh so amazing brother,
Hi. It's your murderer sister. That's what you thought didn't you. Well it wasn't. Max, come on. Think logically. I was 5. First of all, how would I reach their height. Second of all, why would I kill the people who loved me the most in this world? I mean, come on. Rogues killed them. I was in the fucking indestructible box whatever you want to call that shit that day, playing hide and seek with mom and dad. Yeah. Shocker right? Anyways, I'm leaving. Don't look for me. Hell, why am I even saying that?! You don't care about me so you probably won't look for me. Remember that promise mom and dad made you make. Yeah, I guess you broke that promise.
From,
Your sister

I have to reread the letter twice before I understand. And when I do, it falls from my hands. And I break. I throw everything in my room, punch the walls, break my bed, everything is destroyed.

After half an hour, I'm laying on the floor with cuts on my knuckles and arms from punching. That's when my head shoots up and I remember.

Ms. Aliyah. She was the closest to Katniss. I run to her house as fast as I can and knock on her door.

When she opens her door, her eyes are bloodshot and puffy. Her eyes widen at the sight on me and she brings me inside.

"I'm so sorry for intruding, Ms. Aliyah, but I need to see your note. Please." I beg.

She nods and wordlessly goes to the hall, probably going to her room and getting the note. A few moments later, she's back in front of me with a paper in her hand. I open the letter.

"Dear Ms. Aliyah,
Hi. It's Katniss. I need you to know that you had nothing to do with this. I'm running away. Because I can't take it anymore. I have no one to talk to. I don't want to be your burden, my brother and the rest of the pack hates me, and my parents are dead. I'm begging you, please don't blame yourself for this. I'll be back. I just don't know when. Thank you for all your help. Oh and Max, I know you're reading this. It's too late.

Love,
Katniss

I silently fold the note and hand it back to Ms. Aliyah. That's when I see the hand coming. And I make no move to stop it.

Her hand stings as it comes in contact with my cheek. I let out a soft whine.

"Why? After all she went through why couldn't you make her happy? Why did you have to blame her?!" She screams at me.

Ms. Aliyah's not old. She's about 21. But she needed a job so she decided to be a drama teacher since she loves acting.

"Leave. Get out of my house, Max." She growls.

I nod and walk out of her house. As I shut the door I hear her sobs which makes me even more guilty.

I run to my house and up to my room. I make it to the bathroom before my legs give out and I pass out.

(Short chapter, I know. I'll try to make them longer!)