Chapter 12

Cats POV
I fidget around in my dress. It looks good but it's too poofy.

Oh and to what happened with Daniel and Vanessa, they went back to their pack. Yeah.

"Hey. You okay? Ya look a little pale." Marisa says, coming out of nowhere.

"What the hell? Where did you come from?" I exclaim. She smirks and rolls her eyes.

"The Luna/alpha coronation is about to start." Marisa says. I nod and play with the bottom of my dress.

"What if they don't like me?" I blurt out unintentionally. Marisa looks at me and says

"They will love you no matter what. If not, Xavier will beat their asses." I laugh at her statement and someone goes on stage. I think it's Xavier's father. He clears his throat and starts speaking into the microphone.

"As you may know, I have lost my mate and cannot continue leading this pack. So I will hand my pack over to my only son, Xavier." Everyone claps and Xavier goes on stage.

"I look forward to leading this pack. You have all been extremely respectful to me. Thank you. But, you must also meet your Luna. She has not mated with me, but I have marked her. Cat, get over here." Xavier says looking at me. I blush and walk on stage.

"Um hi. My name is Katniss. Well, nobody here has abused me like my old pack, which I am extremely grateful for. Thank you." I say and walk off stage, hand in hand with Xavier. Someone puts on a recording and music starts playing.

I walk around, receiving hellos everywhere. I look around and see Marisa. She grins and waves at me. I wave back.

"Want to dance?" Xavier asks. I nod and walk to the dance floor. 'A kiss to build a dream on' is playing on the speakers.

I sway my hips to the music, my hands around Xavier's shoulders, his hands on my hips. He spins me around and I see Vanessa walks to the recording tape. I frown and she rips the tape apart.

The music stops and everyone stops dancing. I remove myself from Xavier and walk to Marisa.

"Wanna sing?" I ask her. Her eyes go wide and I give her my best sad puppy eyes. She nods we walk to the stage.

Xavier stares at me as I walk to the stage. I go over to the microphone and Marisa stands to my right. Marisa starts singing.

"Midnight,
You come and pick me up, no headlights
A long drive,
Could end in burning flames or paradise
Fade into view, oh, it's been a while since I have even heard from you (heard from you)

I close my eyes and sing with her.

I should just tell you to leave 'cause I
Know exactly where it leads but I
Watch us go 'round and 'round each time

You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye
And I got that red lip classic thing that you like
And when we go crashing down, we come back every time
'Cause we never go out of style
We never go out of style

You got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt
And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt
And when we go crashing down, we come back every time
'Cause we never go out of style
We never go out of style.

So it goes
He can't keep his wild eyes on the road
Takes me home
Lights are off, he's taking off his coat, hmm, yeah.
I say, "I heard, oh, that you've been out and about with some other girl, some other girl."

He says, "What you've heard is true but I
Can't stop thinking about you," and I...
I said, "I've been there, too, a few times."

'Cause you got that James Dean daydream look in your eye
And I got that red lip classic thing that you like
And when we go crashing down, we come back every time
'Cause we never go out of style
We never go out of style