Chapter 16

Recap: 'When can I see this wonderful Camille?'

I jerk my head to Cat and see her staring at me. I grin and run to her side. She laughs and hugs me.

"God I missed you so much." I say and I kiss her. She responds quickly and it turns out to be a full blown out French kiss.

'Alpha she's crying and wants to see you.' Lily mind links

I pull away from Cat. She frowns at me. I shake my head.

"Camille. Do you want to meet her?" I ask. Her eyes widen and she nods.

We run out if Cats hospital room and try finding Lily. I go to the front desk and ask

"Where is Camille?" And I hear a scream and several wails.

I go towards the screams holding Cats hand and I find the room. We go inside and see Camille screaming and crying. Cam is shying away from Lily.

"HER! SHE'S ONE OF THE MEANIES! SHE'S WONE OF THE WOGUES!!" Cam yells.

Lily's eyes widen. She shakes her head furiously.

"No, alpha I would never turn against you. Never. I mean, I, uh, I, I mean, I just wouldn't." Lily says looking at the floor.

I growl and she looks me straight in the eye. Cat runs to Cam and soothes her, rocking Cam in her arms.

"Say it to me again. Look me in the eye and say you haven't betrayed me." I growl.

Lily takes a step near me. I narrow my eyes and growl.

"I, I am a traitor." Lily says.

I let out a threatening growl. He lunges forwards and trails her hand on my chest. Then, she kisses me. I push her away and wipe my mouth, looking disgusted.

I hear a growl and I see Cat with her eyes black. I just step back. Cat lunges at Lily and scratches her face, with her claws extended. Lily gasps and shifts, growling at Cat.

"Cat, just don't kill her. I want to make her death painful." I warn.

Cat nods and shifts. I see them snap at each other and look at Camille. She blacked out. I walk towards her and inspect her thigh wound. Its bleeding and it's deeper than the lat time I saw it.

I growl and look for what made it deeper. I go to wipe it with my finger and hiss. Silver. She was cut with fucking silver.

I hear bones crack and I see Lily holding a silver knife charging at Cat. Cat is in a corner, so she has nowhere to go.

I lunge and grab Lily, lifting her up and slamming her on the floor. I feel a burn in my arm and see the silver knife embedded deep into my arm.

She turns it, ripping the inside of my arm. I wince and back away from her. My claws extend and I bury them deep into her stomach. Lily gasps.

"Don't you ever do that again." I say with my eyes dark.

I trail three of my claws across her face, from the left side of her forehead to the right side of her chin. Tears spring free from her eyes and she lays of the floor, withering in pain.

I see Cat shift back an run over to me. She gasps at my arm wound. Cat start to tear up.

"Shh, Cat, baby, don't cry, this wasn't you're fault." I say, trying to soothe her.

She gets up and grabs a towel, wets it, and cleans my arm wound. I wince and growls at the sudden pain. She whines. I look at her and see her in pain. She opened the bond.

"No, shut me out. I don't want you in pain." I beg. She shakes her head.

She goes and grabs a needle and thread. Then, Cat threads my wound. I grunt in pain. I look at Cat and see that she is on the verge of tears. She bites the thread off and pulls. I let out a yell.

I feel Cats tears on my arm. I look at her and she starts sobbing on me. I sit up and bring her onto my lap, burying my face in her hair.

"I'm so sorry." Cat sobs.

I tilt her face up so she looks at me. Through her tears I see her look at my arm and I look into her mind. She didn't put up a wall.

'I'm such an idiot. Why? I'm such a bitch. Fucking stupid!'

I growl at her thoughts and she figures out that she didn't put up a wall.

"Don't say that. This wasn't you're fault. Look at me, I'm fine now." I say.

She glares at me and wipes her tears. I frown at her and she pokes the wound with two fingers. I grunt in pain. She presses her lips together.

I shake my head and stand up, carrying her bridal style. Her eyes widen and she scrambles out of my arms.

"No. You're not carrying me." She states and I growl.

We don't see Lily recovering and grabbing the silver knife. I lunge to stop Lily but I'm too late. She rises and Cat backs away. Lily jumps and buries the knife into Cats stomach.

I growl and grab Lily, bashing her head against the wall. She winces and falls to the ground. I kick her in the face and she blacks out.

Cat is gasping on the floor, clawing at the knife in her stomach. I go to her and remove the knife. Tears escape her eyes. No. No.

"PACK DOCTOR!!" I yell.

Peter, my other pack doctor, runs into the room. His eyes widen at Cat and he signals me to put her on the bed.

I do as he says and remove Cats shirt. Peter gets to work and I leave the room. I shift and run to the woods

I just got her back god dammit! Why does shit happen to me?! I growl as I smell something rotten and growl.

Rogues. The ones that Lily paired up with.