Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Aiden-

The first practice for the play...musical...whatever was in full swing. Samantha was doing great as the lead. What I thought was funny was that she would have to be green when the actual performance came...her character is supposed to be some misunderstood, unloved green girl. Gotta love it.

Simon and I started going over how the light systems would have to work during the very first scene, where the good witch and the munchkins are celebrating the wicked witch's death. We were very close in our little corner booth of the stage, and his cologne scent wafted towards me in the small, confined space. It regretfully came to mind that it happened to be the cologne that Sarah had bought him for his last birthday.

"When are you going to get over her?" I demanded.

Simon looked over at me, confused. But it took him less than a second to realize exactly what I was referring to.

"What are you going on about? What does it matter?" He demanded.

"I just think it's stupid to get so hung up over a girl that dumped you like a shit-load of garbage," I said crossly.

Simon laughed bitterly. "Oh, that's rich. Real rich, Aiden. Says the guy who's never even been with a girl before. How would you even know what it's like?"

Holly, the other tech crew member, was looking at us uneasily.

"What? Just because I don't get obsessed with a girl and pine over her incessantly even though it's perfectly clear she's moved on?" I spat back.

"Hey, guys, let's calm down..." Holly said.

She went completely ignored.

"You're so full of shit, Aiden. You've always just been jealous, all these years."

"Jealous? You've got to be kidding me," I said, even though, in a way, he was hitting a little too close to home.

"Yeah, you just want someone, and you don't have the balls to go for it so you're taking it out on me cause I've actually had a relationship," Simon said.

"That's bullshit," I said.

Man, there's a lot of shit being tossed around.

"And, furthermore, you always hated the time I spent with Sarah. You just need to get a life," Simon said, hurtfully.

He slammed his hands down on the lighting board. I got up and stormed out the door of the little booth.

"Aiden, where are you going?" Samantha and Ashley asked at the same time.

I shrugged them both off and continued on my way.

"Aiden Gray, could you please go find your friend Mr. Caleb? He's the male lead and yet he didn't think he needed to show up to practice today for some reason," Ms. Tavern said.