Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Aiden-

Unfortunately for me, Caleb was a very reckless driver. He sped out of the driveway in an unstable spin out and then was on the wrong side of the road for a minute as we swerved over into the right lane.

"I wonder why your truck is in the shop..." I grumbled quietly, as Caleb avoided a mailbox, just barely missing it.

Caleb seemed to have heard me because our eyes met in the rear-view mirror. His dark eyes penetrated mine and he winked.

It took me a moment to register that he had actually winked at me....and that I had weirdly gotten a thrill from it.

Was I also attracted to Caleb...Along with Simon maybe?

Hell, I was starting to think I was boy crazy....

Perhaps.

We pulled up into the parking lot, and before I knew it, Caleb swung my car into a vacant spot. It wasn't until we were out of the vehicle and onto safe, stable ground that I realized WHERE we had parked.

"We can't park here!" I exclaimed, grabbing the keys from Caleb's hand and hopping back into the driver's seat.

"And why the hell not?" Caleb demanded.

I tried to stick my keys into the ignition, but it was no use. A big black truck pulled up behind me, blaring loud music. The driver came to a jerking and abrupt stop.

In the next moment, Lance Rutherford was stepping out of his vehicle, a vehement look on his face.

"What are you doing in my spot, Grey?" He demanded.

"Uh, I.." I started.

"What makes this your spot, huh?" Caleb said.

"It just is, everyone knows that. Who the hell are you anyway?" Lance said, a vein on his forehead throbbing.

"Your worst nightmare, Princess," Caleb said, unwaveringly.

Now, you can tell when a guy like Lance Rutherford is pissed. His temple starts throbbing, his face gets all splotchy and his neck a beet red, cracks his knuckles, and digs the toe of his shoe into the ground. Lance was doing all of those things in that moment.

"You're gonna get it, new freak," Lance said, lunging forward.

I instinctively stepped forward in front of Caleb and Simon, who were in the way. Or rather, in the line of fire. Caleb grabbed the back of my shirt, though, and pulled me back, and I was wobbling off balance.

"Stay out of it, pretty boy," Caleb said gruffly.

Pretty boy? Was he talking to me?

Just then, Coach Danvers blew his whistle, and was rushing over.

"Hey, Hey! Cut this shit out!" he yelled.

"Coach, this punk took my spot and tried to deck me," Lance whined.

Lance really makes me want to throw my head into a brick wall sometimes.

"Bullshit," Caleb said.

Coach Danvers's eyes bugged out of his head.

"I don't like the looks of you. What's your name?" he demanded.

"What does it matter to you?" Caleb said.

Well. Shit.

"Let's take a trip to the office, punk," Danvers said, grabbing Caleb's arm and dragging him towards the front entrance of the school. Caleb shrugged out of his grip violently and looked back at me. He seemed to be laughing at me.

I couldn't for the life of me come to a conclusion as to why.

Lance shoved past me and said, "Learn to keep your boyfriend on a leash, fuckface."

Then he stormed back to his truck.

"Well I, for one, think this year is off to quite an interesting start," Simon said, patting me on the back.

Ain't that the truth.