Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Aiden-

Imagine our surprise when it turned out that Ashley did live in a huge ass house. A castle compared to mine. Okay, so that wasn't the suprise part. The surprise was that two guys were taking a TV from her house, a large, flat plasma screen. And they were loading it into a van.

"Ashley, I think those middle-aged guys who still probably live with their mommas are jacking your TV," Nikki said, mouth slightly hanging open.

"Are you moving or something?" I asked.

Ashley's back stiffened. "No, no of course not. We just are...getting that one repaired or whatever. One of my parents' friends fried it by spilling a bottle of wine."

I could tell she was lying, and so could Nikki too on account of her look that said, "She's totally bull-shitting us."

But I didn't feel like pushing it, especially when my head still felt like shit. Not to mention my eye and all.

She led us inside to a wide kitchen area, that is, after we walked past the extensive living room, large den, and huge dining room with some type of chandelier thing going on. Nikki whistled.

Ashley had me sit in a chair at the counter and proceeded to raid her freezer. She came back over to me with a bag of frozen peas. "This should do it," she said. Then she offered us a drink.

"A 1964 red Merlot," Nikki suggested. Both Ashley and I gave her an exasperated look. Ashley went to get us some Dr. Peppers.

"What?" Nikki said, "We all know she probably has some."

"Looks like the swelling has gone down on your eye a little bit," Ashley said later on.

"You should be a nurse," Nikki called from the living room where she was flipping through channels on yet another flat screen plasma HD TV.

"I'm just glad it didn't cause any permanent damage..." Ashley said, leaning over the counter and touching around my eye.

"Ow!" I hissed in pain.

Ashley pulled back, mortified. "Oh, god, Aiden, I-"

I busted out laughing a little. "I'm just messing with you, Ashley."

Her face turned red. "That was not funny!" She said, coming around the counter and slapping at my arm.

I grabbed her hand to prevent this and ended up pulling her close.

"You better stop else you're gonna break me. I'm fragile, you know," I teased.

She smiled, and it faltered a little as she looked up into my eyes. She looked as if she were about to say something when Nikki came back into the kitchen.

"Okay, are you guys gonna make babies in here or can we go outside and check out the pool I just saw out the window?" Nikki demanded.

"Sure! Here, you can borrow one of my suits Nikki," Ashley said, leading Nikki up the stairs.

"Hey, I don't have a suit!" I called.

No one answered. Looks like I'm going in my boxers.

Once outside at the pool, which was glimmering in the late afternoon sun, I stripped down to my white and blue checkered boxers.

I heard a whistle behind me.

"Sexy!" Nikki called.

I tried to keep a straight face. "Look who's talking," I said.

Nikki was definitely in one of Ashley's suits. It was a string bikini, a bright blue with sequins all over.

"Shut up," She said, mortified.

"God, that's hilarious," I muttered. It's not that the suit was that horrible or that she looked bad. That wasn't the case. It just was so..not Nikki.

Ashley followed close behind in a sunshine yellow bikini. Her long blonde hair was whipping behind her shoulders and I had a total Baywatch moment.

Then she dived into the pool, without a moments hesitation. I raised my eyebrows at Nikki, who shrugged and did a cannonball.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I dived in, letting the cool water envelop my body and my thoughts of the day washed away.