Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter Thirty-Five

Aiden-

I figured I should talk to Ashley.  It was about time I let her know what all was going on with me instead of her just thinking that I wanted nothing to do with her.  I tried to corner her after rehearsal the following Friday.

She had been avoiding me. Kinda like I'd been avoiding her. She seemed happy and carefree during rehearsal, so I figured it would be a good time to talk to her. Caleb had even been showing up to rehearsals all that week too, though I hadn't spoken to him since he ruined the sets with his little cigarrette stunt.

We wrapped up rehearsal and Ms. Tavern said "Great work, everyone. All the sets have been redone and it's all coming together quite nicely. Opening night is exactly one week from today!"

"Wow, one week from now." Holly said, as if she could not expect us to have it all right by then.

That chick is always so critical....

Everyone else seemed to be in a decent, jovial mood, including Ashley.

I caught up to her as she was adjusting all the costumes on the rack.

"Ashley?" I said, almost hesitantly, as if it were a question.

She peered up at me through her thick eyelashes with her big, blue eyes. I'm obviously a sucker for blue eyes...

"Aiden?" She said in the same hesitant tone.

"Can we talk?' I said offering a small, genuine smile.

She grimaced. "It's okay, I can take a hint. You hated kissing me. I get it. I really do," She said, an embarrassed, red tint coming to her cheeks.

"No!" I exclaimed, hating to see her the slightest bit upset. I said it a little loud.

"No?" She asked, brightening.

"Definitely didn't hate it..." I said honestly.

"Oh!" She exclaimed.

"Oh?" I said.

"So what did you wanna talk about then?" She asked, a happy grin on her face.

Her body language immediately changed to leaning more closely to me. She played with a strand of her hair.

"Um, well about the kiss. I did want to talk about it," I said, clearing my throat.

"Hush, don't speak," She said, placing her index finger on my lips for a brief moment.

"Let's talk about it over dinner. Tonight. Pick me up at seven?" She said.

"Okay," I said, not realizing what I was agreeing to.

"It's a date," She said with a flirty glint in her eye.

With a wink, she was gone.

"What's going on?" Holly asked, walking by and seeing me with what must have been a dubious look on my face.

"I think I'm going on my first date tonight." I said, confused about how it worked out this way.

"Congratulations, stud." She stated flatly, going on her way.

What?