Review 31: Nurahiyon No Mago (Is being a demon king actually good)??

The new Demonised series of anime Nurahiyon is going to be amazing at this rate; but  is the idea of  becoming a demon king or commander actually good or pleasing? Well in this young case it isn't....

The Nura clan is the most respected demon clan in Japan at this moment in time; due to strong powers, strong numbers and the strongest willed family as the leaders this clan will forever be the best. The clan is unknown to humans all they know is that a Young boy named Nura lives there and attends a school close by, but besides that no one elses is ever seen leaving this house. But when a human does approach all of the real inhabitants inside the demonic japanese mansion than all od the demons inside can magically turn into a plain looking human who seem to look like servants; we even see evidence of this in the first 2 episodes of their magically transformation powers which "all" demons seem to posses. 

All of the demons in this anime aren't actually named demons; in this they are called Yokai, hence why in english translation this anime is actually named Nura: Rise Of The Yokia clan. The family in this clan is kind of unusual. out of all of the animes i've seen and read all of the way through this has to have the most strangest acting and most strangest appearing demons. The behaviour of these demons is controlled only by the element or the actual power that they posses; because of this some will be kind and gentle and some will be madly aggresive and hard hearted towards other members of the clan. But the biggest change of all for all of them is how they change around humans and their appearance change; just this can make a huge difference as soon as they turn themselves into their human form their behaviours immediately change to the most kindest and loyal person you would of ever met in your entire life. 

The main story line is about a young boy who i've already mentioned; his full name is Rikuo Nura. In the anime and manga all he wants is to become a human for life and all he really acres about is looking after his friends and doing what ever is possible to avoid becoming the next leader of the clan. Because of this the story is mainly based around his life and those who are closest to him. The main aim in this story is for the nura clan itself to become a bit more protected by having a leader who won't let them down; to have more members who aren't just family and are even more loyal to them as they where to other clans and finally to become the best clan and even beat all of the rival clans in japan so they will be finally known as Japans most known demonic clan. Apart from all of this there are little side stories and a few filler episodes but some of them do actually serve a purpose in the series and will have some meaning; thats if you can actually understand what is supposed to be going in the episode and you can actually link it into the other episodes; if you can't do any of this then you may want to skip these episodes and have a quick guess at whats going on in the other episodes...... Make sense yet??

There aren't that many main characters therefore i will only do one character profile.

Rikuo Nura: Since a child he has always joked around about becoming a Yokai and playing stupid petty pranks on the other members of the clan and also joking about becoming thenext head of the clan. Later on at school a discussion arrises about the Yokais and what those demons are really like, this changed his mind about his whole life. Even though he lives the Yokai he decided to set his life strictly on becoming a human and by acheiving this goal he finishes good deeds for humans and attends school with them. Even though he joked around about everything he is supposed to do when he was younger, he actually rebels against the current head of the clan and does nothing that he's supposed to do. There is a twist though on this character and a few others, but mainly this one, as he isn't fully Yokai he is a human during the day so he is able to attendt school but can still sense, see and hear the demons. At night he can suddenly turn into the leader of the Yokai clan with strangely black and white long sticking out hair and a purple kimono to finish it off; even though he's a young boy in the human version at night he becomes a fully grown demonised man. There aren't actually many demons in the Nura clan who have actually seen him in this form but when one of them does she actually doesn't seem overly surprised about any of it (probably due to the calm element she is currently mastering).

All in all this anime is amazing; up to date graphics, a story line that makes sense, not to many filler episodes and side stories, brilliant fighting scense, creative designs for the demons and an amazing lead character that has a bit of growing up to do. 

The anime can be found on youtube, other online streamers and the anime app Anime FTW.tv and can also be found on ebay and HMV. it's a great watch i wouldn't say buy it straight away, at least watch a few episodes and then buy. it's defiantly worth the time to watch and worth the time to find as it is brand new a few online streamers haven't currently got it uploaded. 

Advice: look around and send a few e-mails out to find who actually has the anime, if not then download the app AnimeFTW.tv and you'll find it under the N section, there will be two different ones but it'll be the same as the title on this review. If you are not able to find it anywhere just read the Manga it's equally as good as the anime and still has the action packed fighting scenes within. After all of that just be sure to sit back and enjoy....

Saturday 4th Of May, 2013.     4:42 pm    ~AmyXxx