Review 48: Death Parade (Who Will You Face).

This is quite a recently made anime which came out in 2015! Hell yes, something updated for me to watch and share with you guys! But does it make dying even more horrifying? 

So the anime revolves around the afterlife and people who work for god himself, they are called the "Arbiters". Whenever two people died at the same time and around the same kind of area they would both be sent as a pair to a bar in the afterlife; there the arbiters would play a game to decide if one of their souls would be destroyed, or if one is to be re-born. 
(The games all take place in a bar aswell, kinda weird).
The games are just a twisted way of revealing their secrets to the other person and for them to admit the wrongs in their lives. For instance, there's a couple who where about to have a child, but the woman admitting to cheating on the husband... But the Arbiters need to know the truth in order to section the souls the right way; they have to judge the souls that come to them, the games just help them reveal all sorts of things about that person, which could anger the other person who came with them, or make them feel sorry for them and therefore, they reveal something about themselves.
It's all just a little game that's used to reveal secrets that no one knew about.
(If that makes sense).
The game also uses the two different souls body parts, so if you play darts; the dart board will have certain parts of the body that you have to hit, the center will be the heart and the further away you get from the center they will get less fatal. 
Most people think that they are going to kill each other by playing the game, and then they get angry and secrets are revealed... i quite like watching them lose it actually, or how they figure out that they are actually dead; however came up with the concept must know a lot about the human mind and how humans assume these things so quickly. 

I love the concept to it, and if I actually ever cosplay any character; then it would be one of the woman who work in the tower that the souls are sent too. 

Decim: The people we see judged are judged by this man, he owns the bar named Quindecim... he also has a very creepy hobby of making mannequins who look like the past people that he has to judge, which creeps out the majority of people who see them when they come to be judged. 

Nona: The woman I would happily cosplay as, She's Decims boss and overlooks the tower. She usually stays on the 90th floor, she also comes down to Decim so he can make her her favorite drink and she sometimes sits in on the games and overlooks them. She's pretty cool, even though she's small and a woman and the looks seriously young, she intimidates the other Arbitars. 

Chiyuki: we're focused on her side of the judged, she wakes up at the bottom of the tower with no memories as to what happened to her, who she is or what her life could of been like. She's referred to as the the "Black Haired woman". She assists Decim in his bar and helps with the decisions that need to be made about their souls. 

Their are other people in the tower that we get to meet, one of my other favorites has (along with Nona), has to be Clavis; he runs the elevator service for the Arbitars and just constantly smiles. He has a cool green themed design and he just seems like the only one who at least tires to look positive when around others, but I think he's awesome.
I'm not going to say too much about this one, I haven't watched that much of it so far; so I can't go into any more depth than I already have and I can't explain that much behind the characters because not much is revealed until later on. 

Thursday, 17th of September 2015    7:54pm    ~Amy