Review 12: Bakuman (Get your pens out)

In this review i'll be explaining what Bakuman is and the characters in it, as people are getting to confused with Bakuman and Bakugan which annoys me and my friends at school very much. -_-.

First of all the series of books is all about two best friends who have brilliant imaginations and wish to create a book together for Shonen Jump.

When making some prototypes for Shonen Jump they see all of the highs and lows of being a writers and artist's and how much they need to do to just be in the magazine monthly. Whilst balancing high school life and a producers life they realize that their can only be one route for both of them, which means hard decisions and risks that they have to take that would hopefully make their rest of their lives the best it could be.

Akito Takagi: He is one of the main characters for the Bakuman anime and manga series. At the beginning of the series we see him as a 14 year old high school student. His nickname through out the series is Shuujin and as he meets another boy in his class named Moritaka he realizes his amazing drawing skills and potential as an artist so he asks if they can help each other out. Hes the most intelligent in his class and gets top grades throughout the school every term, with his intelligence on his side he becomes the maker of the story lines and character profiles which Moritaka than works on to make the stories that they put together come to life. Akito's girlfriend is annoyingly loud and makes Moritaka a bit more frustrated whenever she comes round to their work room.

Moritaka Mashiro: Is really the main character that all of the attention is focused on throughout the series. The series of books starts off with him being 14 just like Akito. They both meet each other by being put in to the same class and had no contact before that which adds a bit of a mysterious side to it as they are complete strangers up until this moment in their lives. He isn't as intelligent as Akito but is more creative as he always draws and doodles in lessons so his grades are always a little bit lower then Akito. As Moritaka is in to art he usually expresses himself through the drawings that he does in class, especially to one girl (who i will not be mentioning), she wants to pursue the dream of becoming a voice over actress and as Moritaka wants to become a artist they realize that their dreams are to different so they try to maintain it for as long as they can, which eventually turns out to be perfect for them both.

The story than goes on for them as they see all of the ups and downs that any other artist would expect to see and witness at some point in their lives.

you wouldn't expect the creators at shonen Jump to reveal so much about how to get into the magazine and how it all works in the offices but they reveal a lot about it all and also mentioning the names of some rivals that they will come across at some point which brings the two infamous creators down just a little bit, but they get back up on to their feet fighting once again to win their place in the magazine and become the artists that they've always wanted to be.

In the second book in the series you realize that it isn't all fun and games for them all as it's the middle of their term at school people aren't all to comfortable when they see their names on the back of the weekly Shonen Jump magazine, boys in their classes seem to think that it isn't likely that their dreams will ever come true and that they will fail just like their dreams are.....But when some children in their classes adjust to the fact that they aren't going to give up any time soon some start to admire it and start to become fans of their short stories.

As i am still watching and reading the series of Bakuman i don't know a lot that happens after the 6th book which makes me feel a little bit down as i could tell you more about the series, i'll be updating on the series when i have time to and will be explaining more about what happens in each book.

21st Of December 2012 (the day we where supposed to die XD) 9:46 PM ~AmyXxx