Review 30: Needless (is this fanservice needless too)?

Review 30: Needless (is all this fanservice needless too)?

The world wide amazing action and fanservice packed anime adventure, but is all of this fanservice actually needed??

The world of needless is seriously weird; it's strange in ever way possible all of the way through this anime. In this stranger version of Japan there are weird stand out features that a lot of viewers cannot comprehend.

Basically world three started quite a while ago, as weapons where passed around and altered and then finally fired at Japan it created what many people including the authorities and government call the black spot. And it is what it's called, the skies black and it is a abandoned wasted land with nothing living, nothing inhabiting the area and nothing will ever change the black spot or change it any way.

When the bomb hit and created the black spot, anyone who was in the area or near the bomb site then they would of been turned into what everyone calls a needless or they would of been killed by the blast. Eventually people tried to inhabit the surrounding areas and attempted to live within the black spot. Until a company named Simeon built a ginormous building in the centre of the black spot with seriously high security and governments from all over the world coming to visit so they could finally learn and find out what a Needless is and why they exist. When rumours got out about everyone in the Simeon Company being a Needless there where riots and resistance groups that joined forces to go head on with Simeon..... All of which have ultimately failed at taking down the company.

This is when we start to meet our main characters, Cruz is the first. This series starts off with the Resistance attempting to ambush Simeon, which fails, and two members trying to flee the battle ground to find somewhere else to stay until the fights die down. Unfortunately though there is only one main character found from this particular scene. Unfortunately Cruz's older sister Nee-San is destroyed by a Testament robot (From Simeon). Cruz than has to find his way around the sewers in an attempt to get away from this robot before it appears again and takes his life too. Once he's in the sewers he manages to find the time to break down and cry over the loss of his dead sister, which then leads to the Testament breaking the concrete floor to get to Cruz in an attempt to take his life away too. Until a mysterious man wearing a choker and no shirt appears and takes down the Testament in front of Cruz.

This ladies and gentlemen is our next main character; he never goes by his normal name so everyone just calls him Blade. His real name is Adam and everyone knows him as the memorization Needless, he won't use his power a lot but will use it if he's in danger or someone else his, he doesn't abuse his powers and he hates Simeon. Others we meet later on in some other episodes; like eve and Blades scientist.

Cruz; As he has no powers at all he struggles quite a lot when it comes to surviving without his sister in this newly found world. He is a slightly awkward character, whenever someone upsets him he runs the other way to get away for a while.....It never works. He's a small character in the series as he has no powers or any special skills that he can use against Simeon; but he plays the most important role as our lead character who tries to come to terms with the newly found Simeon ruled Japan. He doesn't really like working for his new found friends but it's the only thing he can do as his sister and everyone else he ever knew was murdered in a matter of seconds; due to this he has to slave around for the new found friends until Cruz can stand on his own two feet..... Which will be never in this series as you cannot magically earn powers like the ones that the Needless have. For starts the fanservice in this brings out the slightly funnier side of Cruz; he's the stereotypical main boy in the series as his nose bleeds a considerable amount when a naked girl appears and he seems to turn Chibi for some reason. But all in all he is a good lead character, he may be lacking some characteristics which we would rather see than a weak boy; but i think doing this makes a bit of a change for the series and the story line within it.

Blade; As he has all of the power anyone can ask for he is the perfect character to be holding the spot light whenever Cruz hasn't run off or started crying for some unknown reason. But he hasn't got all of the powers in the world actually; his Needless power is the power of manipulation. In other words when he sees his opponent using a strong move than his brain automatically copies the move and uses it against them as he's more powerful than most of the people we see him fight. Which means that over this series of anime we see Blade using tons of elements to fight with against others and completely random moves like the godly string one that we see in some of the earlier episodes of Needless. Eventually there are tons of other weirdly wonderful whacky moves we see him possess but non of them apart from the fire element ones actually stood out to me; there is one thing that stands out though, it may only be small but it can indicate to the audience when the fight gets serious. We see a quick glimpse of Blades brain surrounded by multi-coloured waves of energy, afterwards it usually says manipulation complete or something along those lines, but this only happens when he's being seriously serious in a fight.

The anime is seriously good but i think the character designs and the story have to be the best thing out of the series. The fight scenes are usually short and not to violent; if they are long it's usually filled in by a lot of talking to the opponent. The graphics are ok i guess usually on high quality 3D moments; e.g. a car moving or a quick flash forward for the audience to show use where the next bad guy is. Even though I've done the review i think I'll still keep on watching the anime as i actually love the characters and their fighting styles.

���o =�

Saturday 27th April, 2013.       11:44 Pm     ~AmyXxx