Review 39: Attack On Titan (Huge, Naked Thingies)...

 So in this imaginary world full of extraordinary surprises we see that naked men are running around killing other naked men... wait, can we back track a little bit?

So in this anime we see the series set around the adventures of a young boy named Eren, his amazing adopted sister Mikasa and their best friend Armin. All of who which live inside of a huge city; not an ordinary city though... This city is surrounded by a gigantic wall; the only reason that this ridiculous thing has to actually be there is to stop these creatures called Titans from entering the city and devouring humans. This isn't the only city in this imaginary world full of blood and gore.... No, no; this city that our wonderful murderous characters live inside is one of the ones that the centre city use to protect themselves (if that even makes any sense)

So this anime, I have to say, has to be one of the most up to date ones I’ve watched so far. The graphics are amazing and the animation is top notch; obviously due to how new it is. The detail on the characters, these humongous killer giants and the gore is absolutely outstanding. The way the creator uses the titans to add new and unusual twists to the plot and the characters lives has to be some of the only techniques that I have seen, that are actually working so successfully it's making fandom become crazier for this anime!

So the series basically starts with Eren and his adopted sister being themselves and showing us what life is like around their city. It basically starts off as nice as possible and soon turns utterly sour... After we see soldiers who are sent to kill the Titans return from their mission announcing that they have failed; things turn horribly wrong for the people in this world full of horror.

(If you haven't yet seen it, don't read on; as this is pretty much a huge spoiler on the first few episodes. Trust me, it is amazing so if you've read on this far and want to watch it... Do it now)

When the towns people are going about their daily business, we hear the sounds of giant footsteps echoing in the background of the hustle and bustle of the lives of the innocent people who are about to meet a painful fate of blood and horror. A hugeeeeeee Titan, which is wayyy bigger than all of the normal of the normal Titans... And this one is taller than the wall that these people call ‘protection’ so immediately, we know that this isn't going to end well at all. This Titan is completely different from all of the others, first off; his height, and second the god damn strength his big toe has... He stands there for, what seems, forever and then kicks down the main gate into the city that our characters are based in. Which then lets in all of the normal titans so they can now begin their feast on the human race...

In my own opinion i think this anime is amazing, from the beginning where we see our characters grow up and become the ultimate fighters... Until the end where we see them become even stronger fighters, (yeah, i can't think of anything right now). Basically I think the attention to detail that the creator has added is absolutely superb, the characters they have created to make us want to learn more about their lives makes us fall in love, the giant titans included brings out the inner horror lover in us all and the absolutely best fighting scenes that we see with the 3D manouveor gear impresses the inner fan in all of us!

So if this isn't enough to convince anime lovers that this has to be the number one anime of the year then I actually don't know if I should give you more spoilers; which would frankly annoy everyone who reads my reviews. So take my word for it! If you love gore, plot twists, naked giants and loveable characters that you wish could be your best friends... THEN WATCH ATTACK ON TITAN NOW!!!

Tuesday, 22 April 2014   10:24 pm    ~AmyXxx