Review 28: Angel Beats (is rebelling against god really necessary)?

Even though this anime has been out for a reasonable amount of time, will it disappear forever just Angel will make us all disappear??

In the world of Angel Beats everyone has passed on, they've all some how died in the real world and have woken up in this strange new world to find themselves in a school full of normal children and a girl named Angel how may supposedly make them all disappear. Due to their innocent young lives being wasted away and a waste of time towards god, the decide to rebel against the almighty, rebel against angel and rebel against life in general.

In Angel Beats their are a whole host of characters that are completely unique, unique personalities and unique looks for example; some school girls walk around with guitars in hand whilst some of the boys will happily walk around the school with weapons and guns in hands. There are characters we immediately decide to hate and then we grow to love them as their true innocent nature starts to show as they warm up to the idea of rebelling against god and his army of angels and the series's of tests he's set them.

 For some reason within this school there are what the call the NPC's, they are so called players in gods little game of survival. Interaction with these NPC's is strongly forbidden to the real people, it may result in you disappearing and than being reincarnated as something else of a lower level. You can get erased from your human life when already dead in anyway, acting as if school is important and paying attention in classes, interacting occasionally with NPC's and most of all accepting the fact that you are actually dead. 

There are plus sides to the school that you mysteriously find yourself in once dead, you don't have to learn anything, you get countless weapons to fight against angel with, you get to meet other dead people that you can share experiences with and you can die again countless times (you still feel the pain of it though). Most people that where already dead before our main character got there have all of their memories intact and remember exactly how they died, however a lot of them didn't have their memories to begin with, just like out main character who has no idea where he is or who he is..... In-fact he didn't even know that he was dead until a member of the elite battlefront (basically a dead people army rebelling against god) told him why he was there and asked to recruit him as a member of the battlefront.

At first we don't see that many members of the battlefront but in episodes following up we see that they have in fact a diversion band, whenever a mission or plan is undertaken and they want to distract Angel than the band will put on an amazing performance to distract her and take her attention away from the battlefront. Although it's not just the main battlefront and the diversion team, there's also the guild.... The guild is full of dead people (again) but this time they all have completely different roles and jobs that all members of the battlefront defiantly need, they are all in charge of creating more weapons and gadgets for the battlefront. The guild is actually based under ground with tons of traps that should stop angel from getting all the way down there and erasing them all.

Otanashi; Our main character in the series who can't remember his past when he first arrives in this new world. He doesn't know what the battlefront is at first but joins anyway as he still dosen't know whats going on right now. He hasn't a weapon in the battlefront but is still handy with a small pistol the leader gives him. He gets along with everyone in the battlefront, and even in the first episode we see him trying to reason with Angel(which doesn't work). He ends up dead for the first time, as he wakes up everything is explained to him and he is than recruited t the battlefront. Even though he's friendly and is handy with only a pistol he is slightly simple minded and not good whenever it comes to making quick decisions for the whole team. He does eventually figure out ho he died and what his life as like when he was actually human, it's a little upsetting but nothing to graphic or disturbing for the younger viewers.

Angel; Her real name is Tachibana but everyone still prefers to call her Angel, she is head of the student council and loves stopping and delaying all of the battlefronts plans. A lot of the NPC's don't like the decisions she makes like when she stops the band from performing,obviously for her own good as she knows their diversion plan. Her powers where created by her one her own software and computer in her room, she has powers like handsonic, harmonics and screech. Eventually her and the battlefront do get along but it takes time effort and a lot of bribing her into it, she may not be comfortable with it but she still does it to stop the fighting and the fact that she was human and so is everyone else in the battlefront. She only makes a few mistakes, but hen it comes to the battlefront interrupting her tests (which are important) she makes a few to many mistakes.....

The Battlefront&GirlsDeadMonster; The battlefront consists of a lot of un-dead humans working underground, in a band and th main mission group. They will do anything in their power ot interupt anyhting to do with Angel and will do anything to destroy her...... But killing her seems a bit hard because of her special powers. Girls dead monster is the name of the band that creates diversions for the others in the guild and the battlefront groups. Without these singing school girls they would have to waste time sending guild members up to finish pointless tasks to use as diversions, which would slow the missions down and put them all at the risk of being erased...

 The whole series is amazing, it's funny, it's got action, secret love (no fanservice for once) and the graphics are up to date so we don't miss even a second of the action within this anime. The character designs are amazing and are actually made so fit the story line..... It makes more sense if you watch it and then you'll realise what i mean by that.... So get online / get your apps running and get watching the in-famous rebelling series of fighting dead children!!!!!!

7:06 Pm    Friday 12th April, 2013     ~AmyXxx