Thirteen.

"Honey,come out,dinner is ready." My mom yelled outside my door.  I wiped my tears,"GO AWAY! I'M NOT HUNGRY." I yelled. "Fine. Feed yourself." My  mom said and I could tell she rolled her eyes, I threw my phone at the door.

....

I cried myself to sleep last night. I had to get ready for school,I showered and slipped on a white 'the sure' band shirt with a unbutton red checkered shirt with black pants and black studded ankle boots,with my hair in a bun. I sighed my first day without Justin. Without joking with him,without kissing him goodbye to go to class,without holding hands,without him. It feels like 8th grade all over again.

...

I walked into school with a sigh. "Hey D! Where's pretty boy?" Marcus went up to me with his friends. I was thinking,should  I tell them? I sighed. "We need to talk.." I shut my door and turned to them. "You don't know the Justin..I knew."  I sighed.

"What you talking about willis?" Alfredo laughed a little. "I knew Justin since I was in first grade.. in 8th grade he moved to Canada with his mom..recently I found out his mom sells illegal drugs..they came back to California. They have been living with my mom and I for the past few months,since the police found out where they live..A month after or so,they caught his mom and arrested her..and Justin made a deal with her that if in 5 months he hasn't been adopted,he'll live with his dad...Yesterday my mom found out I lost my virginity with him and called a social worker and she took him away from..me..from us." I sighed.

"Damn." Marcus said,shocked.

"Why didn't he tell us?" Chris looked at me. "He was nervous on what you guys would of thought of him.." I sighed and Marcus pulled me into a hug.

A month later. Graduation.

I slipped ona pink silky mini one shoulder dress with black high heels with a black flower in the middle. Alex did my makeup and straightened my hair. "Fucking flawless as always." she smiled and I smiled. "Your turn,go change!"

Alex comes out in a black animal print short dress with black stilettos. I did her hair wavy. "Sexy." I smiled and she laughed,"Thanks,Dems!" she hugged me.

"C'mon girls!!" Alex's mom yelled from downstairs. "You ready?"

"Ready." I smiled and we went downstairs and got in her mom's car and she took us to the arena.

"Have you called him?" Alex looked at me while on the way. 

"Who?"
"Justin."
"I've tried,it's disconnected."
"Oh,I'm sorry.."
"It's whatever..This is my graduation,I don't need to be upset."
"True that sister!"

When we finally got to the arena,Alex and I slipped on out gowns and cap. "OMG! You girls look gorgeous!" Ashley came and hugged me. "Thank you! you do too!" I smiled at her. "Can I take ya'll pictures?" my mom came up.

Don't think I am still not mad at her,cause I am,I  just have to deal with it.  "Sure!" Ariana smiled and my mom took a picture of all of us. We started walking inside,linking arms. "Hey D!" Marcus ran to me. "Hey M. Looking good." I smiled. "You too." He smiled. "Thanks! See you inside!"

..

"I want to turn the microphone to one of my hard worker,Demetria Lovato!" My Chemistry teacher introduced me to the stage and I walked up.

"Wow, it’s really great to be here. Graduating class of 2013, wow. What a sight. Ya know, for some of you, I never thought we’d see this day. Congratulations. " I smiled to the crowd.

"I stand before you today, for one reason, and one reason only. If at any point you would like to tell me what that is, I would greatly appreciate it. You folks elected someone whom you thought would best fit the prestigious role of the Student Selected Speaker at your one and only high school graduation. Little did you know that she would be illiterate. Like most speakers I opened with a story. A story that allowed us to relate to each other, to be placed on the same playing field, even though this is obviously not the case. I’m up here, you’re down there. Live with it. I have endeared you to me, I have alienated, and I have even disrespected my elders. Yes I am, in fact, a prep too. I was in the cheer I grew my hair out long, and I wore preppu clothes. You see, I have always been amorphous. I have had no distinct shape throughout high school. When you walk through the halls, it becomes very apparent that this school has its cliques. And you know what, that’s great, I like looking at one pretty person, why not look at all of them in one big group, in front of same place I get those “delicious” sandwiches every day and stuff my face. " I laughe a little with the crowd.