Chapter 40: No Ice Cream

Delila's POV,

He just left me there. Standing there, being lost in what he told me and what he's done. I have never regretted anything with James, but I was scared.

I was scared of being hurt, and I was scared of hurting him. I feel like I'll be the reason he won't go out and won't be the same James. To me he seemed fine without me, other than his tweets which made me realise I've hurt him. I hurt him. And that's the thing.

Going back to something that you've damaged can't be right, can it? How do you love someone, without getting hurt? Or hurting them?

And that's what I've been thinking about these past few days. Daniel and I have spent some time together, he's taken me out to the mall a few times.

"He told me what happened the other day," Daniel smiles at me.

"So why are you smiling?" I question him.

"Because you didn't pull away, you didn't slap him for kissing you. Look Lila, it's obvious you still like him, and you're both hurting. It's weird to say this to you because you're my sister and I'm telling you to date my best friend, which is weird. But what I'm trying to say is why are you fighting it when you could be happy?" He asks.

"Because I could be, but it could not work out and it'll leave us both hurt." I reply, looking over the busy street and having a sip of my caramel frappe.

"No, you're scared of it. But you won't know if you don't try, and right now you're not trying it at all. Have you at least thought about what you might want to do next?"

"I have, I really have. You're right, I do love James, after everything he means the world to me, he's someone I miss having around me daily. And you're also right because I'm scared of letting him close. I'm scared of hurting him and myself." I cry and start walking off, not wanting Skip to see me in tears again. Daniel catches up with me and pulls me back and into a hug.

"Give him a try," he sighs. "You're both useless without each other I'm not even joking." He tries to lighten up the situation.

"Can you drop me off at his house?" I question.

"De lives across the road, literally, but sure." Daniel smirks and we make our way to his car.

"Rikki will come over for dinner," he informs me as we get closer to James's as well as our house. "And remember if you chicken out, your house is across the road," he pokes me slightly earning a light slap on his shoulder. "Use protection!" He shouts as I close the car door.

I stand I front of the door, just standing there. I should probably knock, but what if he's not home? Or, worse, what if he has another girl around? He probably got bored of waiting for me anyway, I wouldn't blame him. No, what am I saying. Just as I was about to knock the door opens revealing James in his leather jacket.

"I guess it's a bad time since you're going out, I'll come another time," I quickly panic and turn around.

"No!" James has a grip on my wrist and I turn around. "I mean I was just going to get some ice cream, it can wait, come in?" He says, though he makes it sound more like a question.

"Thanks," I thank him and take off my shoes, following James to the kitchen.

"Drink? I got some lemonade." He offers.

"Sure," I send him a small smile and he gets out two glasses, filling them with lemonade. We then make our way to his bedroom. The moment we enter his bedroom I can smell his cologne. I've missed this, and that's when I realise just how much I've actually missed being around with James. He hands me a glass and sits on his bed, taking off his leather jacket.

"I'm sorry," I blur out. For some reason, it feels like if I say it quickly then maybe it won't be as hard to say.

"What for?" He stands up and takes a step closer to me, he seems unsure though.

"For dumping you. For thinking you're better off without me, because trust me, you are." I pause. "But I'm not any better without you and I think that I can finally admit that to myself. I need you James, and the other day when I didn't pull away, I enjoyed your presence, your lips back on mine." I try to hold the tears back, but one escapes. James hurries over and wipes the tear with his thumb, stroking my cheek.

"I'm not any better without you, I wish you would see that. I felt like I was no one, without you it's so lonely." He gets closer to me.

"But, but you could of gotten anyone you wanted. Anyone at all, I mean there's so many other girls-" his lips make their way to mine and his hands wrap around my waist. The kiss is quite rough but still passionate. He slowly walks me into the wall, our bodies touching and our lips not separating.

"But I don't want anyone else Deli Bear," he smiles and reconnects our lips. I let the moment take me away, enjoying his company at last. "How about a movie?" He asks once he pulls away making me snap back to reality.

"Sure, Skip knows I'm here anyway," I smile whilst James smirks, jumps into his bed with his computer and pats the space next to me. In the end we settle with an episode or two of Pretty Little Liars with some crisps.

"See this is why I knew I needed ice cream" he adds.

"But it's perfect without it too, I'm sorry." I apologise once again.

"Stop apologising. I'm happy you're here with me now Deli, just please don't leave me like that again." He says. I cuddle into the crook of his neck and don't say anything back.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sorry it's taken so long!
Vote, Comment and DM!
~ILoveYouBraddyBoy x