Chapter 4: It Can't Carry On

Delila's POV,

As soon as James dropped me off at mine, after thanking him, I went straight to my room and locked the door. I threw my handbag somewhere on the floor at sat on my bed. From the corner of my eye, I saw a frame on my bedside table. I reached down and took it, it was a picture of Aaron and I, when we first started dating, and he took me to the fair for our third date, where later he brought me a rose and asked me to be his girl friend. Those were the days when there was nothing abusive going on, the days when I was happy in the relationship we had. Now I'm terrified to be with him.

Everyone who stayed last night was gone by now, which was a shame. I regret leaving them yesterday, maybe if I didn't, I wouldn't be so beat up and hurting. I decide to take a quick shower.

I then choose my Mickey Mouse hoodie, to hide all the bruises that are showing, and my Disney leggings. I brush through my hair quickly before I dry it.

'Knock knock' there's a soft knock at the door. I turn off my hair dryer and unlock it, to reveal James standing there. For some reason one of the most biggest smiles appeared on my face. I felt safe and warm, something I only feel whenever James is around.

"Hey," he smiles back at me, his dimple piercing taking my attention as always.

"Hey," I reply quietly, suddenly shy.

"I've brought you this," he shows me a bag of chocolates and some American cream soda. The two things that always put a smile on my face.

"Awh you didn't have to," I smile and let him inside of my room, and take the things from his hands as I sit on my bed.

"But I wanted to," he gently pushed the door so it closes. "I wanted to make sure you were ok, how are the bruises? Showing or?" He gently asks.

"Showing like mad," I sigh. He takes my hand in his and gently rubs it.

"It'll be okay, you just need to know, that it can't carry on this way," he sighs.

"Can't carry on?" I question.

"Yeah, him treating you this way, if I were you, I'd either make sure he treats me right, or leave him be," he says before looking into my eyes, then getting up and leaving.

His words were replaying in my head for the rest of the weekend. And suddenly I knew what I wanted in my life.

Tamsin's POV,

I was waiting with Jess and Danielle for Maggie to arrive at school.

"What's taking her so long?" Danielle asks.

"Probably covering up the hickeys Aaron gave her," I giggle and the twins join in.

"Beau!" I scream as he picks me up and spins me around.

"Hello beautiful," he puts me down, and I turn around before attaching my lips to his. His warm lips felt so right on my colder ones, and I didn't want to pull away.

"Tamsin look," Jess gets my attention as she points at James's motorbike, but he isn't the only one on the bike. He parks in his usual space, before him and Delila remove their helmets. Wait. Delila? She has some stuff to tell me!

"Hey," she smiles as her and James walk up to us.

"Hey," Jess, Danielle and I say in unison, while James and Beau did some sort of hand shake thing I never understand.

"Thanks for the ride James," Delila thanks James and her and I make our way to maths.

"You have a lot to explain!" I squeal.