"'Till I Collapse"- A song-based imagine- Part 1

You were at your home track, skating, training for the upcoming Worlds event that would change your life forever. Your boyfriend, Zayn, along with his 4 best friends, his band mates from One Direction, were there to support you, as you trained. They all knew that you were a hard worker, but they hadn't seen what you were about to show them, ever before....

You started skating, and right off of the start, you started sprinting. You were an indoor National champion, and you were an outdoor Worlds competitor, three seasons in a row..this would be your 4th consecutive Worlds appearance, so you were no where near a novice state. You were amongst the best in the world, with only a few people able to beat you. When it was time for practice to officially start, you were more than tired, but you were also determined to train as hard as you could. Practice started with a 5000m. pace line, but you had other plans. You were trained to do this, so you got up front from 18th of 25 within 600 meters, and you took off! You sprinted the rest, and the boys, along with your coach, were shocked that you could do that.

"Janel, you better back off a bit. I know that you are a hard worker, but you shouldn't be sprinting this. Slow it down!" Your coach instructed, about 1500 meters into the 5000m. pace, which only made you run harder and faster. "Janel, listen to me. Slow it down quite a bit!"

"Janel, you should really listen to him." Niall said, trying to talk some sense into you. It wasn't about to happen, though. You wanted to wear yourself out, and that's what you were going to do, regardless to what anyone else had to say about it.

"Babe, you're not going to do well at Worlds if you keep sprinting this. Slow down, breathe, but still work hard." Zayn said, trying to talk some sense into you, just as Niall tried to do. You finished the 5000 meters, and went for a water break, since everyone else was barely 2/3 of the way through. You got to the boys, and got a drink. "Janel, are you ever going to back down?"

"Not 'till I collapse, I'm not. Zayn, I want to train hard, and that's exactly what I'm going to do." You argued back, not even close to giving into the other boys' thoughts and ideas.

"You know, at age 13, you're the youngest on the Worlds team, yet you're 1600 meters in front of the rest of your team??"

"They're not trying. They're pacing, not getting the required training neccessary for Worlds success. Meaning, that they need to try, or else those girls that they have to race against, will beat them." Zayn, at this point, was so close to giving up the fight with you about this, but he knew what would happen to you if you kept this up.

"Janel, if you won't listen to me, listen to your teammates. They will tell you the same thing."

"Yea, says the one person who won't even come to support me at Nationals."

"I would have been there if I could have been, but I had some stuff with the band that got in the way."

"Janel, before he gets pissed off, you should go get ready for the next thing." Louis said, giving Zayn a minute to breathe.

"Louis, shut up!"

"Janel, go skate. Before I really lose it." Zayn stepped back into the conversation. You stuck your tongue out at him before turning towards the track.

"I will run, as hard as I can...'till I collapse." You went to the line, and Zayn focused on calming himself down, while the other boys helped him.

"She's out of her right mind." Zayn said, taking deep breaths every other word.

"Just let her run the way that she wants to, and when she can't do well at Worlds, you can tell her that this is why." Liam suggested. "Just let her go solo at this, and then, later on, after she fails at Worlds, shove it in her face. She'll learn, eventually."

"But what if she never does?"

"She will, when she experiences defeat, she'll listen to any advice that you have to give her."

"What if she doesn't?"

"She will. I've seen it in her. Remember her first ODN appearance? This is similar, and when she met defeat, she listened."

"Face it, Zayn. She's going to go until either 1. her lungs give out on her, and she collapses, 2. she breaks something, 3. she falls hard enough to knock herself out, or 4. practice is over. If she wants to push herself to the absolute limits, then it would be best for you, if you let her." Harry said, trying to get Zayn to have the mind set as the rest of the boys. "Speaking of her lungs giving out on her, there they go now. See how she's holding her knees?"

"Yes, I see it, Haz."

"That's what I was talking about. She can't breathe. Her lungs are going to give out on her. She's usually attentive, and her eyes are over here. Notice how they're not over here?"

"Yes."

"Get her inhaler ready. Here she comes." Zayn got into your purse, and got out your inhaler. Before he knew it, you were sitting down, trying not to pass out, due to lack of air going to your lungs. Your face was already turning a light red-purple, so Zayn only had less than a minute to get air back into your lungs, before the worst thing ever imaginable happened to you, right there, in front of the 5 closest people in your life. Zayn came down to you, but you just turned away from him. You struggled even more now to breathe, and Zayn knew that he had only seconds to get air in your lungs, and get your breathing back to normal, but if you kept turning away from him, how could he help you? He couldn't, and he was starting to wonder if you were about to collapse.

"Zayn!!" The boys all shouted, as you started tilting down, starting to collapse.

"Oh my God, Janel! Get up, baby!" He reached around your arm, and tried to pull you back towards him, but he wasn't strong enough. "Niall, Harry, someone, help me sit her up!" Niall came down really quickly, and got on your other side, trying to support you. You were close to blacking out, and the only things that you saw, were two big, black dots, where everything else should be. Your face was dark red-purple, and Niall knew that you were having an asthma attack, but only because at a concert one time, he saw a fan, who was actually you, backstage, who was tipsy, having a hard time breathing, and she was on the edge of blacking out, much like you were now. Niall got you sat back up, and Zayn gave you 3 hits of your inhaler. No change. "Oh, no, no, no, no, I was too late. Niall...." Zayn was shaking, and he was about to burst into tears. "No, no, no, I was too late! I didn't save her in time."

"Hey, mate, it's going to be OK. She'll come out of it. Remember that one fan...."

"Yea.....I remember her."

"This is her. Remember how she was blacked out, and she came back to? Well, it will happen again. Just wait." As if Niall were right on cue, you came back to, and took several deep breaths. They were shaky, but it was still progress. "See, Zayn, what did I tell you?"

Part 2 up next..

-Janel