Preference- He comforts you, because you are upset about something

Zayn: You have been practicing your downstarts in the driveway for a few hours, because you had a competition coming up in two days. You had your outdoor speed skates on, and you were trying to do a perfect start. After every one, you would change your form, to get more push out of your initial takeoff. 4 hours in, and you still didn't have the perfect form that you needed. You broke out your phone, and looked at how some of the NSC men started. After observing a few, you tried to copy them. You tried a million times, but each time, you got closer to how they did it, but you couldn't exactly copy them. Another hour passed. You still didn't have it, and your feet were hurting severely, but you had to keep practicing until you got it right. Zayn had dinner ready, and you were still practicing. He came outside, and you were taking your skates off, crying.

"Babe, what's the situation here?"

"Zayn, I can't get that crazy start right."

"It's fast, right?"

"Yea, but it's not fast enough."

"As long as you try hard, you can do it. Your starts are the fastest of your speed team, and you can get out front. Now, come. I have dinner ready."

"I have blisters."

"Well, yea, you've been practicing your starts for 5 hours."

"5 hours??? No way!"

"Yea, now, come."

"Carry me?"

"Sure, since your feet are sore, I'm sure."

"I have to keep practicing."

"I think that you've done about enough for tonight."

"But...Zayn, if I don't... if I don't get this right, -"

"Janel, listen to me. You need to rest your feet. Dang it, you have blisters. Now, if I have to, I will hide your skates."

"DON'T TOUCH THEM!"

"Then, listen to me, and rest. Now, eat something. You haven't touched food all day."

"Oh..wow, I must have been too busy trying to perfect my form."

"You must be hungry. I made your favorite pre-meet meal."

"Smells really good, Zayn"

"Haha, thanks." You enjoyed your dinner, then got into the shower. After an excrucitating 15 minutes under the water, you went to bed. Zayn came into the room, took off his shirt, leaving him only in his basketball shorts, and went to bed, whispering sweet nothings in your ear as you drifted deeper into sleep.

Niall: You were going to try out for the X Factor, just as Niall did, and you had to practice your song for it. You had decided on doing a cover of Little Mix's Wings. You were practicing, and practicing, trying to get the key down. After 2 hours of trying at it, you gave up.

"I can't do it, Niall!"

"Yes, you can. You'll do fine. Just keep at it."

"But, Niall, I can't match the key signature."

"Don't worry about it, and just sing. I want to hear you, loud, clear, and pure." You sang the song, for the sixteenth time, and Niall helped you get the desired key. After some vocal training, you sung it again, and got it perfect.

"What'd I tell you? Now, just do that at your audition, and you're sure to go through."

"The judges are really strict, and I don't think that I'll make it." You started crying into Niall's shoulder, and he rubbed your back.