"Surprise?" Chapter 17

Emily's POV

Since Seth wanted the guys to come over soon and it was Saturday, I thought why not today.

I texted them and Bryana and asked if they wanted to have a bonfire tonight. They all said yes so I was now setting up.

I put out a table with marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers on it. I also set out sodas for the boys and water for me and Bryana.

I put wood in the fire pit in the middle of the patio and set out a lighter so one of the boys could light it when it gets dark. If I tried, I would burn the house down.

"Hey Em!" Seth calls from inside.

"Yeah?" I call back.

"They're here!"

The boys and Bryana were here! I go back inside and see them standing in the living room.

"Hey guys," I greet them. "Everything is set up in the backyard." I lead them outside.

"Ooh," Michael raises his eyebrows when he sees the food.

Calum follows him and Luke sits on the couch.

"Ashton can you light the fire?" I ask, sitting next to Luke, crossing my legs.

"Sure," He says, picking up the lighter.

"Hey Em!" Bryana smiles, walking up to us.

"He- oh my god your shirt!" I laugh when I see what she was wearing. We had on the same shirt.

She laughs too and sits on the couch beside me.

After Ashton lights the fire, Michael, Calum and Ashton sit down in the chairs surrounding the fire pit.

"Sit next to me, Michael!" Seth says, patting the chair beside him.

"Only if you can tell me what you are."

"Punk rock?"

"Haha, yes!" Michael gives him a fist bump and takes sits beside him.

The rest of the night, we all talked. Not about any specific, just random stuff.

"We should go swimming!" Seth suggests, pointing to the beach a little ways off.

"Late night swimming? I'm in!" Ashton says, jumping up, kicking his shoes off and running toward the ocean with Seth following him.

"Come on, Emily!" Luke says, grabbing my hand and pulling me with him, down the beach. Calum, Michael and Bryana run after us.

I struggle to get out of Luke's grip, but I manage to. "Bryana!" I whisper-yell as we get to the closer to the ocean.

Ashton and Seth were already in, getting their clothes soaked. Michael gets to the shore and jumps in. Calum throws his shirt off and dives in. Luke laughs and walks in.

"Just say here. I won't go in either." She says, standing on the sand, crossing her arms.

"I was afraid this would happen," I sighed, looking out to where the boys were. They were throwing Seth up and letting him splash into the water.

"Hey girls! Come on in!" Ashton yells, motioning for us to join them.

"We're good here!" Bryana calls back.

Ashton shrugs and looks and the boys. Me and Bryana watch as they continue to swim.

"I never knew it would be this hard." I say, sitting down on the sand.

"It is hard. But it's an amazing gift." Bryana agrees, sitting down with me.

I didn't notice Michael and Seth had come out of the water until he was standing above us.

"Come swim with us." Seth orders.

"We don't really want to right now," I tell him.

"You never want to swim. What's up with that?" Michael asks.

"Uh, what do you mean?" I try to keep my voice steady.

"Come on." He says, holding his hand out for me to grab.

"No, I can't." I say, looking down at the sand.

"It's just water." Seth shrugs.

"Let's go," Michael sighs, sliding one arm behind me and one under my legs, picking me up. He starts running toward the ocean and the boys start laughing.

"Michael put me down!" I scream, turning, trying to get down.

I splash into the water and when I come up, 4 pairs of eyes were staring at my tail.

"Surprise?"

A/N: GUYS IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG. STUPID VOLLEYBALL, HOMEWORK AND OTHER CRAP GOT IN THE WAY BUT KNOW ALL THE BOYS KNOW 😏😋

How do you think the guys will react? Leave a comment!

Thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting 💙 i love you!