"You're One Too?!" Chapter 15

Emily's POV

After I got home from my frozen yogurt date with Luke, I got a text from Bryana.

'Hey Em! Want to come to a photoshoot with me?' It read.

Wow. A model is asking me to be in a photoshoot with her. I wasn't going to say no.

'Sure! Where at?' I text back. 

As I wait, I plop on the couch beside Seth.

"Whatcha watching?"

"Dragon Ball Z," He tells me without taking his eyes off the TV.

I nod, not very interested. So I check my phone. Just as I unlock it, I get a message from Bryana.

'The beach! Bring a swimsuit. I'll meet you on the the boardwalk.' It says.

Oh no.

Not again.

What have I gotten myself into?

Why did everything have to be at the beach?

Sighing, I walk to upstairs to my room. I get my bikini out of my closet and close the door to my room.

I take off the clothes I have on and put on my bathing suit. Then I put the shirt and shorts I had before on over it and go back downstairs.

"I'm going back out, Seth," I tell him, grabbing my phone off of the couch.

"You're always 'out'," He sighs, turning to me.

"I'm sorry, but Ashton's girlfriend, Bryana wants me to do a photoshoot with her." I tell him.

"Can the guys come over here one day and we all hang out? We never do that anymore." He asks.

"Sure," I smile.

Seth smiles too and then turns his attention back to the TV.

I grab my bag off the table beside the front door and head out.

---

"Hey!" I say as I walk up to Bryana.

"How are you?" She smiles, giving me a hug.

"Great," I smile, hugging her back.

"So my photographer was wanting to get some shots by the rocks by myself then both of us. And don't worry, my stylists will help you if you don't know what to do." She explains while we walk down the boardwalk.

"Got it." I nod.

An hour later, I had gotten my makeup done and was now posing in front of professionals.

"Okay, I think we're done," The photographer says. "Great work girls."

"Thanks," I smile.

"Now we can go swim!" Bryana says, grabbing her things and starts walking back to main part of the beach.

"Uhm," I try to say as I quickly grab my bag and towel and catch up with her.

"I'm not really much of a swimming person," I nervously laugh.

"Nonsense! Luke told me you and him go swimming every Saturday." She says, spreading out a towel on the sand. She sets her things down on it and turns to me.

"Oh," I fake smile. "Yeah," I nervously laugh.

"So you have to come with me! I know this amazing please you should come swimming in!" She says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me toward the ocean.

"What? No, um, Bryana! I can't go in the water, I-I'm allergic!" I stutter, trying to pull away.

But it doesn't work. She doesn't release her grip on me and in a few seconds, I'm in knee-high water.

"Oh crap," I sigh. "Bryana, there's something I have to tell you." I say, before my tail appears and I fall into the water.

I come back up and look at her. She didn't look surprised. She was smirking.

"You're probably wondering why I'm half fish," I start.

"I knew it." She says.

"So I'll tel—what?" I ask.

Did I hear her correctly? Bryana knew?

"I knew you were a mermaid!" She says excitedly.

"What? How?" I ask, confused.

She sinks farther down into the water and sticks her feet up. With one swift movement of her hand, a tail appears where her feet were.

My jaw drops. She moves her hand back the other way and her legs appear again.

"You're one too?!" I ask.

She smiles and nods.

"But how did you- when were you- why didn't you-" I say, not being able to say finish any my sentences because I was so surprised.

"I know you have alot of questions for me, and I have alot for you," Bryana says, laying a hand on my shoulder.

"So let's go back to my place and we can talk." She smiles.

"Okay," I nod.

I can't believe it. Bryana was a mermaid too.

A/N: What did you guys think?! 😝 I'm excited there's someone else like Emily.

Sorry it's a late update. We're having wifi issues and it works 10% of the time bc it goes out every twenty seconds. Literally. 😪

QOTC: do you guys still want to do qotc bc nobody answers them 😂

ily guys! thanks for reading 💗