"Nice To Meet You." Chapter 11

Today is the day.

Today is the day I will tell Luke about me.

That I'm a mermaid.

I'm extremely nervous, but Calum told me everything would be fine.

The more I think about it, I realize he was right. What guy wouldn't want a mermaid as a girlfriend?

I text Luke, asking if we could hang out today.

'Of course ☺️ and Ashton has someone he all wants us to meet.' Luke texts back.

'Okay 😅 what time should I come over?' I ask.

'He told us 7.'

'Okay. See you then 😘'

'❤️' he sends back.

It was almost 6 now so I decide I should start getting ready. I look in my closet and find my Paris shirt. I slip it on and pull on blue jean shorts.

Looking in the mirror, I realize my hair looks flat, so I decide to put it in a ponytail.

I throw my hair up and apply some light makeup. When I find my white converse, I put them on.

Going back downstairs, I grab my phone and stick it in my back pocket. I walk out the door and drive to Ashton's, wondering what Luke will think.

---

"Hey Emily!" Luke greets me as he opens the door to Ashton's house.

"Hey Luke," I smile and walk in.

The guys were sitting on the couch playing FIFA and Ashton was scrambling around, trying to fix things.

"Michael, don't put your foot there. You're going to get the couch all dirty!" He complains.

"Luke, finish your drink and throw the can away." He tells Luke and hands him the soda.

"And Calum, for God's sake put on some pants!"

"What's his problem?" I ask Luke, laughing slightly.

"He wants to make sure we're perfect so the person we're meeting will like us." Luke informs me, rolling his eyes.

"I saw that," Ashton points and glares.

I grab a bottled water from the fridge and sit down in a chair to watch the game of FIFA.

My phone vibrates and I take it out of my back pocket to read the message I got.

From Cal

When are you telling him?

I look up at him and see him smirking at me.

To Cal

Later. And quit looking at me like that

From Cal

Do it now, before Ashton's surprise guest gets here

To Cal

No, everyone is here.

From Cal

Do it, before I tell him.

I look up at him and he's smirking at me still. 'You wouldn't dare.' I mouth to him.

"Luke," Calum calls.

"No!" I yell at him.

Luke turns around and suspiciously looks at the both of us.

"Emily has something she needs to tell you." Calum smiles innocently.

"Yeah?" Luke asks, waiting for me to answer.

I glare at Calum then look at Luke. "Let's go outside."

Luke shrugs and stands up. Before we can go anywhere, the doorbell rings.

"That's her!" Ashton says, strolling out of the kitchen.

"Later?" Luke asks, sitting back down. I nod then smirk at Calum.

"Guys," Ashton says walking into living too with a girl with long blonde hair. "This is Bryana, my girlfriend."

"Hi," Bryana smiles and waves.

"That's Luke, Michael, Calum and Emily." Ashton introduces us to her.

"Nice to meet you." I say, while the other boys say hello.

The rest of the night, we all hung out together watching movies and talking. Bryana was really sweet and me and her got along well.

Once Ashton took Bryana home, it was almost 10 and I was tired.

"I'm gonna head home. Goodnight guys." I tell them, standing up.

"But you never told Luke what you were going to tell him." Calum points out.

"She can tell me tomorrow," Luke says. I mentally thank Luke for saving me from that. "Goodnight baby, sleep well." He tells me and kisses me lightly.

"That's gross," Michael states.

"You're just jealous." Luke smirks, making me laugh.

A/N: That was a weird ending, I know. Anyways, feedback on this chapter? Did you like it or not?

I brought Bryana into the story cause I needed something to put off Emily telling Luke and that was the first thing that came to mind!

QOTC: What's your fav food?
AOTC: Pizza, Pasta and Chicken

Thanks for reading! ily 💘