"Can We Swim Together?" Chapter 12

I wake up on my couch, not remembering when I came home. I was too tired the previous night to even go up to my room or change.

I check my phone and see I had texts from Calum. 1 from last night and 2 from this morning.

'You got lucky this time'

'Hey, do you wanna hang out today?'

'Can we swim together?'

They read. Aw, he wants to swim! I would have thought he'd never want to see that again, and he'd be creeped out that my legs transform into a tail every time I touch water, but I guess not.

'Sure. Meet me at the rocks in 15' I text back then go upstairs to take a shower and change.

I go into my bathroom, strip from the clothes I wore yesterday and step into the tub. I don't bother washing my hair since I'm going to get it full of salt water soon.

When I get out, I wrap a towel around my body and go into my room. I put on my bathing suit and a white dress as a cover up.

Once I get my sandals on again, I'm ready.

---
Calum's POV

"Hey Cal," Emily smile walking up to me.

"Hey," I smile, getting off the rock I was sitting on.

"Ready?" She asks me.

I nod. "You're not going to take all that off?" I ask, gesturing to her clothes and shoes.

"They disappear when I get in the water." She smirks.

Wow. This whole mermaid thing is amazing. There's so much I want Emily to tell me. How it feels to have a tail, what its like to be able to swim like that and would she ever regret becoming a mermaid. That's part of the reason I wanted to swim with her today. The other part is I wanted to swim with a mermaid.

I take off my shirt and throw my shoes off. I walk into the water and stop when it's up to my thighs.

Emily runs into the ocean with her hands out and dives in beside me. When she comes up, her clothes had been replaced with a golden tail.

"Wow," I say again. "It's so cool how that happens!"

She laughs and grabs my hand. "Let's go under,"

I take a deep breath and we submerge ourselves. She pulls me closer to her and we star swimming farther out.

In about fifteen seconds, I was running out of breath. I swim back up to the top and Emily follows me.

"Already?" She laughs.

"I'm not a fish like you," I tell her, smiling. "How long can you hold your breath for?"

She cocks her head to the side and thinks. "Never tried it,"

"I want to see the reef," I tell her, grabbing her hand and going back under.

After swimming around for a while, I start to get tired so we decide to go back up.

Once on the sand, I dry myself off with my towel and Emily uses her heat hand thingy to turn her tail into legs again. I still can't get over how awesome it is.

"Oh crap," I say, looking at the time. "I'm suppose to be at Michael's for a band practice. I'll see you later." I tell Emily, slipping my shirt and shoes back on.

"Okay. See ya," She calls out to me as I rush to get to my car.

I drive to Michael's as quick as I can and enter his house, still wet.

"Sorry I'm late," I say walking downstairs and grabbing my bass from the corner.

"Why are you late?" Ashton asks.

"And wet?" Luke adds.

"I was swimming with Emily," I tell them, not thinking before I spoke. Crap.

"Swimming? With Emily?" Luke asks, raising his eyebrows.

"Uh," I say, trying to find what to say.

"Why would she go swimming with you and not even want to come to the beach with me?" Luke exclaims.

"We can talk about this later. Let's start practicing." Ashton interrupts us.

A/N: Hola 😋 Did you like this chapter? What do you think Luke will do? Tell me your thoughts in the comments!

The picture attached is kind of what I picture the rocks looking like. Some place with a bunch of rocks surrounding it. 😅

QOTC: Sweats or leggings?
AOTC: Sweats ✌🏼️

Thank you so much for reading! I love you all 💘