"What Is This Place?" Chapter 4

The picture attached is the place behind the waterfall

I walk out the door and to the left, following the pathway to the waterfall.

It went from the side of the house, to the side and zig zagged back and forth gradually going down to get to a lake formed by the waterfall above.

As I get to the bottom of the path, I look around. The waterfall fell with a constant splash into the stream I stood by.

There were trees, bushes, grass and leaves all around it so many people couldn't see it. It was like your own private beach in your backyard!

I slip off my shoes and dip my toe in. The water was warm. I was wearing a t-shirt and running shorts so it wouldn't mess them up if I swam for a bit...

I jump in. It was about six feet deep so being 5'7, I went underwater. I come back up, feeling refreshed.

I kick my feet and flail my arms backwards so I swim toward the waterfall.

I swim up under it like I'm washing my face. I put my arm out behind it to grab onto the rock behind it so I won't go under.

After swimming a bit more, I get out. I had about thirty minutes to get ready for dinner and if I went in soaking wet, my parents would freak.

I crawl out of the stream on the closet side. Looking around for my shoes, I realize I had gotten out on the opposite side got in on. The way back up was on the other side of the stream.

"Really?" I sigh.

Not wanting to get back in thr water, I look for a bridge or something to walk across on.

I look to the left and see nothing. I look to the right, the direction of the waterfall, and see something odd.

The rock going behind the waterfall came out beside it and formed squares going up. It looked like..

"Stairs?"

I walk closer and realize they were steps. Little ones, going behind the waterfall.

Curious, I followed them up. There were only about 15 sculpted into the rock before it turned into a huge hole.

It was like a private pool inside the rock. Some of the waterfall came through this side, making the pool. Sunlight shone through and made the water inside glisten.

"What is this place?"

On the other side, there was another hole. It came out on the other side. All I have to do it get around the water somehow.

Looking around, I don't see any other way of getting to the other side except for swimming across it.

I didn't want to get wet anymore, but it was better than swimming back across the stream.

I jump in, expecting it to be deep like the lake. But it wasn't. It was about three and a half feet deep.

As I swim to the other side, I begin to feel something.

I turn around and see bubbles rising to the top of the water. I turn around in a complete circle, and see bubbles all around me. It wasn't doing this before.

The water got really warm and the water coming from the waterfall on the other side of the rock in front of me started coming in faster.

I panicked. I tried to swim out but something was holding me back. Not like a hand, but a force. It was making me tired to try to swim so I had to stop.

What was going on? Was I going to drown? Who is doing this? How did they make this happen? When was it going to stop?

Suddenly, the bubbles go away.

The water turns cold again.

The water coming in slowed down.

And the force went away.

I swam as fast as I could to the other side and jumped out of the pool. I ran out the other hole in the wall, grabbed my shoes and flew up the walkway.

Whatever happened to me, wasn't normal.

A/N: How did you guys like this chapter? It was longer than my usual ones 😅 I'll try to make my others like this.

Thank you for reading! Leave a comment about what you think so far 💘

ily