"Are You Guys Still My Frends?" Chapter 18

I told them everything.

Our trip to Hawaii, the cave, my first transformation, my powers, swimming with Calum and that this was the reason I didn't want to come to the beach so much.

"So is that why you spent so much time with Calum? He knew your secret?" Luke asks.

I nod.

He wipes nonexistent sweat from is forehead. "Phew,"

I giggle and make his fingers intertwine with mine.

"You're a mermaid. She's a freaking mermaid." Michael mutters to himself.

This didn't seem to be going as bad as I thought it would go.

"Since you.. changed in Hawaii, you've been hiding this for a while then, haven't you?" Ashton asks.

I nod.

"You didn't do a very good job of hiding it from me." Calum adds.

"Oh shut up," I laugh and playfully smack his arm.

He laughs and then it grows quiet.

What was going through their minds? Now that they're processing that I'm a mermaid, how do they feel? At least I know Bryana and Calum are okay with it, but what about the others? Will they still want to be friends with me?

"So," I say quietly. "Are you guys still my friends?"

Ashton looks at me like I'm crazy. "Are we still your friends?" He repeats. "Of course!"

"You being a mermaid is awesome!" Michael says.

"It's just another thing that makes you so amazing." Luke smiles.

I smile too and feel so relieved. Now I don't have to hide this from them anymore. I could finally go swimming around them again. Which would take them a while to get used to.

"So do you have any more secrets?" Michael asks, raising his eyebrows and acting like he's waiting for a big announcement.

I think for a minute and then look at Bryana.

I told them about me and they said they're okay with it. She's Ashton's girlfriend and has been friends with the guys for a while. Shouldn't she tell them about her? She has nothing to be afraid of now.

"Bryana,"

She looks up at me with wide eyes.

"You know they think it's amazing to have one friend as a mermaid. Why not have two?"

The boys look back and forth at us with furrowed eyebrows, trying to figure out what I meant.

"Wait..." Luke says slowly.

"Are you..?" Ashton slowly says.

Bryana takes a deep breath and nods. "I'm a mermaid too."

"Oh my god! Two mermaids!" Michael exclaims.

"Keep your voice down!" I warn him.

"Yeah, we can't have the whole beach knowing our secret." Bryana agrees.

"Why does it have to be a secret? I'd want to tell everyone if I was that special." Luke says.

"Think about it. We'd be in a science lab in less than a minute if someone we didn't know found out." I tell him.

"True." Ashton nods, rubbing his chin.

"I won't let anyone do that to you, Emily." Luke says, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to him.

"So will you guys keep our secret?" Bryana asks.

"Of course!" Calum says.

"Yeah, we're not telling anyone." Ashton says, rubbing Bryana's leg.

She smiles at him.

"I'm not telling anyone." Michael says.

That just left one more person.

"Luke?" I look up at him and ask.

He looks down at me, then leans in for a kiss.

"I'm not going to loose you. I love you too much. I'm keeping your secret."

"Thanks you guys." I smile.

I had some pretty awesome friends.

HEY EVERYBODY! (Hah see what I did there?) sorry I haven't updated in forever! So much stuff has been going on but now I'm back on wattpad and I'll be writing more!

Does anyone still like this? Or should I start a new book? Comment below!

Thanks for reading! Ilysm 💗