"I Got Them Too." Chapter 26

Emily's POV

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I just saved your life and I don't even get a thank you?" Bryana retorts.

"Sorry, thank you. But really, how did you know I was here?" I ask, flipping myself over. I ball my hand into a fist to change what's left of my tail back into my full legs. For some reason, it longer this time.

"I didn't," Bryana admits, sitting down beside me.

"Did you know this place existed?"

"Nope."

"Okay, I'm confused." I say.

"Me too." Bryana sighs, looking down.

"How did find me?" I ask, turning my body towards her.

She looks up at me with worried eyes. She takes a deep breath and lets it out. "Fine. I've been getting weird letters. Someone's threatening me and don't know who it is. If I don't do what they say, they'll tell everyone my secret.. our secret." She confesses.

She's been getting letters just like me. Wow. Didn't see that one coming.

"Bry, I got them too." I tell her.

Her eyes grow wide. "What?"

I nod and walk over to where I left the letter I brought with me. I picked it up and brought it back to Bryana.

She took it from me and read over it.

"This is the exact same letter I got." She says, reaching into her back pocket and pulling out a copy of the letter before us.

I was shocked and confused as to what was happening.

"Why is this person going after us?" I ask.

"I have no idea. I've been trying to think of who knows about me and a motive they would have to do this such thing but nothing adds up."

"Me too. I thought of everyone. Even people that don't know."

We were quiet for a moment, the only noise being the distant sound of the ocean.

"Bry?" I ask quietly. "What was happening to me in there?"

She looks to the water for a few seconds before saying, "They're called moon pools. You fell into one the day you became a mermaid and so did I. They give a human the power to change, but if you're already a mermaid, it can take your power away," She explains.

"But for it to take your power away, it has to be a full moon, like tonight. Once the moonlight from above hits the water, that's when it starts. That's what happened to you."

"This person was trying to take my power away?" I ask.

Bryana nods. "Mine too, I guess they didn't know I already knew what it would do, though."

It was quiet for another few minutes as we let this information sink it. Whoever was after us, wanted our ability to become mermaids to disappear. I still didn't know who it was though, which was driving me crazy.

"Do we tell them?" Bryana breaks the silence, talking about the boys.

"I don't know. This person has made it clear we can't, but I hate lying." I tell her.

"I know," She groans. "How about this: when we get more information on the person after us, then we tell them."

I nod. "That sounds good."

"Great," She smiles. "Now let's get out of here." She says, standing up from the cold, hard rock.

I stand up with her and look up the old I fell down into. It was too steep to climb, especially with nothing to hold onto. "How do we get back up there?"

"We don't." Bryana simply answers.

"Then how do we get out?"

"The only other way." She smiles, looking to the moon pool.

We both smirk then laugh at each other. We jump in together and just as I suspected, there was a hole on the other side, leading out into the ocean.

We swam around the reefs for a while, watching the fish and other sea creatures. It felt amazing to be able to swim like them. Soon after, we went back to the beach.

"Call me if you get any more letters, okay?" Bryana says.

I nod. "You do the same." I tell her, hugging her.

We say our goodbyes and I begin walking home. It didn't look like anyone else was here. As I walk down the boardwalk, I realize my footsteps were pretty loud for just me.

Then I realized, it wasn't just me.

I turn around quickly and look at every place in sight. No one was there. Looking around one more time, I slowly turn back around to finish walking home, but once I did, there was a figure standing right in front of me.

I scream in surprise, but my voice becomes muffled. Something covers my mouth and nose. Whatever it was, makes me feel dizzy.

I grow lightheaded and black out.

Well surprise! Now she's been kidnapped 🙂👍🏼

Yeah that was kinda sudden but I'm ready for this book to be over. I'm working on two new fanfics! One is a Calum fic & one is horror 😏 I think you guys will like it

anD 6K READS WHAT OML THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH

Ily !