Separation.

Derek p.o.v

We had left the pack house to set a perimeter around our territory border. What's happening to me? I stood at the edge of the forestline talking to my inner wolf. For some reason I couldn't shift. I don't know, this has never happen before!
I tried shifting again and finally turned.

What the hell, why did it take so long.
"who are you talking to?" Thomas replied channelling into our wolf connection. "no one, don't worry. Let's just do the check and head back."I said back and ran ahead of my pack.

We finished our check, as soon as we got back to the house I went to speak to one of the elders." Elder Johnny, I need to speak with you please." he nodded and stood up from the arm chair he was sitting on.

"What's the matter alpha?" his voice was concerned. "it's my shifting, I don't know but today it felt as if I couldn't shift... I ended up shifting after fifteen minutes that's never happened to me before" my voice broke a bit, when I thought to myself what were to happen if this were to be a permanent thing.
"that does sound strange, how about now try shifting now I just want to see for myself" he replied back as he examined me.

I stood and nothing I looked at elder Johnny, he stared back with concern in his eyes. "try again" he said and finally I turned what's happening to us my inner wolf said I don't know.
I shifted back and put on the shirt elder Jonny was holding for me.

"do you know what's happening to me." I asked as I watched him pace up and down the room. "I've only heard about this happening, and considering your circumstances I believe it maybe happening to you." he said with a worried look on his face. "a alpha starts to loose his inner wolf slowly, if not permanently if he and his Luna have drifted apart or been rejected" he looked at me, and shook his head.

"no Reign hasn't rejected me?" I shook my head, anger, hurt and pain started building up inside slowly rejected us? My inner wolf whimpered. "she wouldn't, she can't! She needs me, she's mine!" I screamed frustrated. I could feel my face turning red, this can't be happening.

~~~~~~

Reign p.o.v

I woke the next day, feeling drained. What's happening to us? My inner wolf asked, I could barely hear her. Her voice it sounded like a small whisper. I don't know.

Maybe I was just half awake and needed a shower to revive myself. I got in the shower, my head started spinning... Before I knew it, I could feel sharp stabbing sensations down one side of my body.. I tried to roll over and it hurt, I looked around and realized I was laying on the ground in a pool of water which started turning red. Reign! I reached for the towel hanging on the rack.

Everytime I moved the pain would feel intense.

"Reign! Open the door what's going on in there" I could faintly hear my dad calling from the other side of the door.

Before I knew it I was wrapped up something white and fluffy, laying on my bed. I managed to open my eyes a little bit and saw three figures standing there. Before closing my eyes again.

I opened my eyes and searched the room. I saw my father sitting at the end of my bed, Willow and Jackson were both sitting on the floor cuddled up against the wall. I attempted to move and winced as I felt a sharp pain go through my body. My father jumped and rushed over to hold my hand. "Don't move you're going to hurt yourself even more" he said with a concerned look on his face. "what happen to me?" my voice was course. "I don't know baby, but I'll figure it out don't worry ok. You just get some rest." he stood with a worried look on his face, as he left the room.

"Jeez beautiful, you had us worried." Jackson walked over with Willow holding his hand. "what happen Reign. Are out ok are you feeling sick?" Willow asked. I shook my head slowly "I don't know, I just woke up feeling drained so I thought I'll have a shower to wake myself up." I answered her.

"has that happened to you before." she was concerned.
"no, never" I replied.
I rolled over wincing at the stinging feeling, and closed my eyes.

I woke the next day and my cut was still there, why was it taking so long to heal. Reign, I'm sore.
My inner wolf whispered. I don't know what it is.

My dad walked into my room, holding a plate of food and a glass of orange juice. "here hopefully, this will help" he sighed. I took the glass of orange juice and gulped it down, my throat was replenished from the cold juice.

I looked at my dad and smiled, I watched as he sat at the end of my bed. "Reign, I got a phone call last night. It was Sarah, she asked when you'll be going back. I told her you'll be back in a few days." he breathed.
Tears started to swell the corner of my eyes, I didn't want to leave my dad.
"baby don't cry" he leaned down and kissed may forehead.

Jackson walked into the room, followed by Willow. "hey your awake" she smiled. "hey" I replied my voice sounding a little raspy. My dad looked at them both and smiled before leaving the room.
"so I suppose he told you" Jackson piped up and ran his hands through his hair. "you're not coming?" I asked with wide eyes. "I can't leave Willow" he blushed and Willow shook her head. "I have to wait for my passport Reign, it should be here by next week" she smiled and pushed a stray hair behind my ear. "we'll be with you in no time" Jackson gave me a reassuring smile.

"why can't I just leave when yous leave" I asked curiously.
"your dad said Sarah insisted you get back as soon as possible" he shrugged his shoulders.
"but I don't want to go back" I murmured. Willow looked at me with sympathetic eyes.
"summer holidays are almost over Reign and you need to get back to school I suppose." Jackson giggled.
"suppose your right, but my dad" tears started building up in my eyes at the thought of him being left here alone again.

"my parents will keep an eye on him. Besides my dad use to always visit your dad while you were away" Willow patted my back. I looked into her eyes and smiled. Well at least my dad had a close friend.