Chapter 32

PUBLISHED 7/12/15

3rd Person POV

Rider slipped into the hotel where they were all staying. She quickly set the envelopes on their beds, and slipped out, so she could get into her funeral clothes.

Louis and the boys slipped into the funeral home. There was no body, because they couldn't find it. The boys even wrote a song. It's called She's Not Afraid, (I know, Take Me Home album, but it works out!)

They sat down in the front row, as her father came in, and a tear slipped from his eye. He didn't say anything to the boys, but, "I'm sorry."

Then, Raven came in, and Louis jumped up. Raven put his hands up in surrender, "Why are you here?"

"I'm her uncle," he said innocently, "It's right that I'm here."

Lou nodded, and sat down. Then, a brunette girl with a bun in came in, "Is anyone sitting here?"

"No," he said. She quickly sat down, "Were you a friend of hers'?"

"It's complicated," she says.

"What wasn't with Rider?" Louis asks.

"Not a lot," she said, smiling, as if remembering something.

Rider's POV

I looked at Lou, and smiled. Yes, I was at my own funeral. Yes, I was talking to Lou. I looked at the podium, and saw my father along with Raven. What was that bastard doing here? Raven began speaking, and I listened intently.

"In the spy world, it's hard, " he began, "Sometimes, you're at a constant threat, a fear for your life. Sometimes, you're fighting against your family, and don't even know it. Yet, sometimes you do. I was Rider's uncle. She never knew, and she never will. I watched my niece die two days ago. I can never take that back. And I apologize to her friends, sisters, brother, brothers, and her boyfriend. I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me for everything I've done to you, and her."

He walked off stage, and sat in the second row. Ocean let out a fake sob, as she already knew the plan, and Harry comforted her. My dad began to speak, and everyone's eyes were focused on him.

"I agree with my brother," he says, "I raised my daughter, single-handedly, for the safety of her, her mother, and her brother. She grew up as a respected spy. By 5 she broke DIA, CIA, etc. records. By 10, she broke military records. By 13, she broke our records. She was the best spy in the business. I watched my daughter fall off a cliff. How many people can say that? And there was nothing I could do to stop that. I can't bring her back. And it's my fault. She went to Campbell Hill to so she could save me. After I betrayed her. Most spies aren't human. They don't have compassion, sympathy, or any emotion. She was human, and a spy. She acted like it didn't pain her to kill someone. It always hurt her. And she always put her family before herself. She was an amazing person. It pains me that she's gone."

He walked of stage, as Mrs. Day walked on stage, "Thank you. Now, please, welcome One Direction to sing a song dedicated to Rider."

The boys walked up, and Lou smiled sympathetically. He then began singing, "Yeah! Aha. One, two, three!"

Harry then picked up, "Sneaks out in the middle of the night, yeah,. Tight dress with the top cut low. She's addicted to the feeling of letting go...Let it go."

Lou then picked up where Harry left off, "She walks in and the room just lights up. But she don't want anyone to know. That I'm the only one that gets to take her home...Take her home."

Liam then began, "But every time I tell her that I want more...She closes the door."

Then they all sang together, "She's not afraid of all the attention, she's not afraid of running wild, how come she's so afraid of fallin' in love? She's not afraid of scary movies, she likes the way we kiss in the dark, but she's so afraid of fa-fa-fallin' in love...Oooh..."

Then, Niall sang, his Irish accent thick because he was upset, "Maybe she's just trying to test me, wanna see how hard I'm gonna work, wanna see if I can really tell how much she's worth. What you're worth?"

Then, Louis sang, "Or maybe all her friends have told her don't get closer, he'll just break your heart."

"But either way she's teasing me and it's just so hard," Niall continued.

"Cause every time I tell her how I feel, she says it's not real..." Liam sang.

"One, two, three, four!" Lou said.

"She's not afraid of all the attention, she's not afraid of running wild! How come she's so afraid of fallin' in love? She's not afraid of scary movies, she likes the way we kiss in the dark, but she's so afraid of fa-fa-fallin' in love! Oooh, " they sang in harmony.

"What about all the things we say? Talking on the phone so late, I can't let her get away from me! Oooh!" Harry sang.

"But when I say that I can't do it no more, she's back at my door...!" Zayn sang, putting his heart into it.

They all snickered in unison, "She's not-She's not afraid of all the attention, she's not afraid of running wild. How come she's so afraid of fallin' in love? She's not afraid of scary movies, she likes the way we kiss in the dark, but she's so afraid of fa-fa-fallin' in love! Oooh... She's not afraid! She's not afraid! Ohhhhh..."

Everyone clapped, as Zayn, Liam, and Harry stood behind Niall and Louis. Louis began speaking, "I'm assuming all of you here have either met Rider, or knew of her. Well, it was hard to actually know this girl. She was brave, heroic, strong, courageous, kind, and fearless. She put everyone around her before herself. She saved me from a burning building. She's helped us all. She's saved Niall, Liam, Zayn, Harry, and I countless times. If you knew her, be proud. She died a hero, and I know she would've wanted it that way."

Niall begins to speak, "For those of you who don't know, I'm Niall. I was Rider's boyfriend for a little while. And then, she died. I watched her be thrown of a cliff. And I just stood there. I could've done something, but I didn't. And I regret it. I have for the past two days. And I hope she's not mad at me. I could've saved her. But I didn't. There were a lot of people there, and no one made a move to save her. I hope she knows I'm sorry."

Then, they buried the coffin, and everyone went home. I then headed back to the hotel room, and put my plan into action.