Chapter 20

PUBLISHED 4/22/15

Rider's POV

"Was that my dad?" asks Louis.

I swallow a lump in my throat. "Who?" I ask.

"That man you were talking to," he says. "You said his name was Troy Austin."

"It was," I say. 

"And he looked a lot like my dad," says Louis. "And you said he was an ex-spy... and that he was your dad... and your last name was Tomlinson. That means... your badge wasn't lying. Your badge wasn't lying! You're name is Rider Tomlinson, you're a spy, and... you're my sister."

He pulls his phone out of his back pocket. "You know, you weren't supposed to be listening in on my conversation."

"Wait... you knew I was your brother... and didn't tell us?" asks Louis, hurt.

"I have very good reasoning for that," I say. "The less you-"

"I don't even want to hear it," says Louis. "And I don't think any of us want to either."

I'm most likely going to die on this mission, and they don't even want to hear me. "Fine," I say. "Welcome to the world of a spy. You're going on a crash course into it, until some certain people are dead. One piece of advice before we start; Don't die."

"What?" croaks out Niall, obviously terrified.

"Since you know who I am, and that spies exist, you're in even more danger than you were," I explain, as if it's a normal thing. "Just don't get killed, and we're all good. I would explain more, but you don't want to hear it."

I get a headache. 

"Here," says Mason.

He throws a girl who looks just like me at Raven, all tied up, and gagged. "Little Rider Tomlinson," he taunts. "McKenna, release the boys family!"

A girl, about 14 years old, and a women comes running towards Mason. "Leave," McKenna demands. Mason and his family run out towards Mason's car. Mason starts up the engine, and he floors it.

The car zooms away.

I look up, and see all the boys looking at Louis, like he lost his mind. He was clutching his head, and mumbling things. 

In a few short seconds, he looks up. "What does it mean if someone has a Black Dragon tattooed on the inside of their right wrist?"

"Louis?" I ask. "Who has one?"

"Paul," he mumbles. "I had a vision, and it's like my mind was focusing on it."

"Are you positive Paul had that tattoo?" I question.

"It was Paul," he says.

"I get those visions, too," I explain. "But I don-. Wait! I do know why. And, I know why they want both of us so badly."

"Why do you guys get them?" asks Liam.

"Because," I say. "We both know the system override codes... And, they're implanted in our brains. That's why we're so valuable. We each have half the codes."

"Wait... So people want to kill me?"

"And Liam, Zayn, Niall, Harry, and I," I state, matter-of-factly.

"Where are we going?" asks Niall.

"We're going to the mall," I say.

"Why there?" asks Liam.