Chapter 8

PUBLISHED 2/24/15

Rider's POV

I keep thinking back to the visions I had. They showed me what Raven was doing at the exact moment.

"Please buckle up, the plane will he landing in 10 minutes," says the speaker.

All the boys wake up, and buckle up. The plane lands. We all get our stuff and walk out if the airport. No fans, no suspicious characters or activity, no worries. We walk to the car, following Paul's lead. We put our luggage in the trunk.

"Good news, you guys are staying at the Tomlinson's," says Paul.

He starts driving. In a little while, we pull up to a fair sized house.

We all get out. We grab our luggage. Paul leaves. Louis knocks on the front door. It opens to reveal a women. She pulls Louis into a bone crushing hug. She kisses his head.

"Hi Lou. Hey boys," she says, as they all walk in. "Who's this?" she asks, looking at me.

"Oh, I'm Scarlett, I'm the new member...," I trail.

"Hi, Scarlett," she says. "I'm Johannah, Lou's mom, but you can call me Jay."

"Hi, Jay, " I say. I follow her into the house.

"Louis, show your friends where they can sleep," says Jay. "Lottie!"

A 15 year old girl comes down. "Ya?" she asks.

"This is Scarlett," she says, referring to me. "Do you think she could stay in your room while Lou's here?"

"Of course," she says. "C'mon."

I follow her up the stairs. She opens a door. There's a room with a queen sized bed. There's a couch.

"I'm Charlotte, but everyone calls me Lottie," she says.

"I'm Scarlett," I say.

"Are you ok?" she asks. "Because you look a little off."

"No, I'm fine," I say. "Thanks though." I put my stuff on the couch. "Thanks for letting me stay in your room, Lottie."

"No problem, Scarlett," she says.

I walk out of the room. I go downstairs to see Jay sitting at the table, a alone. I walk and sit across from her.

"Are you ok, Mrs. Tomlinson?" I ask.

"Call me Jay," she says.

"Are you ok, Jay?" I ask.

"Just thinking," she says.

I see her looking at a picture of a baby girl. "Who's that?" I ask.

"Oh, it's nobody," she says.

"Well, if you ever need to talk, I'm a good listener," I say. "And I'm not just saying that."

I turn and start to walk away, before she catches me. "Scarlett, would you hide something from your kids?" she asks me.

"It depends what it is," I say.

"What if it was a long-lost sister?" she asks.

"It depends. Do you want them to know?" I ask.

"They deserve to know," she says. "I just have no idea where she is."

"Well, if you decide to tell them, I know a guy who can find her," I say.

"Will you find her, first?" she asks.

"Ya, I just need basic information," I say.

She starts scribbling stuff down. She hands me a piece of paper. I read over it.

Name: Rider Elizabeth Tomlinson
Birthdate: 11/4/1997
Parents: Johannah Poulston and Mark Tomlinson
Age:17

I almost drop dead. I run upstairs and grab my phone. I pull out a picture of me, as my regular self. I run downstairs, phone in hand.

"Jay, what do you think she would look like?" I ask, pretending I'm on the phone.

"Brown hair, blue eyes," she says.

I pretend I'm pulling something up. I show her the picture. "Something like this?" I ask.

"That's exactly what she would look like," she said.

"I have a lot of explaining to do," I say. "Jay, I'm a spy." I pull out my badge. "I'm on a mission to protect the One Direction boys as the sixth member. A criminal is after them. My real name is Rider Elizabeth Tomlinson. I'm 17, and birthday is November 4th, 1997."

She bursts out crying. "Rider?" she asks.

"Yeah," I say, hugging her. "I though you and dad were dead."

"Your dad is," she says. "But I'm not. Either is Louis. Louis is your only biological sibling."

I start crying. My family isn't really dead. "Louis or any of the lads can't know," I say. "It will put them in more danger."

"I won't tell," she says.

"Do you need help cooking?" I ask.

"No, I'm ordering pizza," she says.

"Alright," I say.

I get up and walk upstairs. I knock on Lottie's door. "C'mon in!" she yells. I open it. "You know, it's your room to? You don't have to knock," she says.

"Eh," I say. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing," she says. "Just thinking."

"Thinking is dangerous," I say. "I know from experience."