Chapter 24

PUBLISHED 5/17/15

dou·ble mean·ing

noun

a word or phrase that is open to more than one interpretation.

"the title of the movie has a double meaning"

It's tricky, really. The boys didn't understand me. I knew Louis would, after I was 'dead', and they were out of harms way. But, until then, almost everything I said would have a double meaning.

"Is it alright if I go nap?" I ask, "I'm a bit tired."

"What about eating?" asks Lou, "Have you ate in the past week?"

I shrug, "I'm more tired than hungry."

Misty walks and I follow her. She shows me a room that's empty. My stuff as in there, too.

"Thanks," I say, yawning, "Thanks for taking care of the boys."

"There was no trouble," she says, smiling, giving me a small hug.

I smile, and she shuts the door. I pull out my laptop, and label a new folder on my desktop.

"For Louis Only!" was the title. I added a Word Document, containing all the double meanings.

Then, I added a folder per boy, and put as much as possible in it. It ranged from videos, to letters, to important documents.

I wrote each boy a letter, telling what they need to know, and advice. But Louis' letter was much longer. And it explained everything he needed to know.

This was what he needed to know after I was 'dead'.

After I finished, I printed out everything I added for the boys. I took Harry's letter, and sealed it in an envelope. Then I wrote Harry across it in a fancy way, using black pen. I did the same for Niall, Liam, and Zayn.

Then, I burned all the videos I made for Louis on a CD. I took all the documents and put them in a manilla folder, and sprawled 'Louis' across it in the same black pen. Next, I slipped them in a manilla envelope, along with the letter, and CD. I sealed the envelope, and again wrote 'Louis'. I put them all in an even an bigger envelope, and tucked them in a suitcase. I tucked the suitcase under my bed, and got off my bed. I walked out of the room, and saw all the boys were sitting there, and so was Misty. They were all talking, laughing a bit. I smiled, and sat next to Lou.

He handed me a plate of pizza. They were all eating, too. I took an enormous bite, and smiled because the food tasted so good.

"How about a bit of Truth or Dare?" asked Harry.

We all just shrugged, and at on a circle on the floor.

"I'll go first," suggested Harry, "I'm gonna go grab a bottle."

He got up, walked into the kitchen, and walked back. He put the bottle in the middle of the circle, and spun it. It landed on Zayn.

"Dare," said Zayn, almost instantly.

Harry thought for a moment, "I dare you to kiss Misty for two minutes. Zayn rolled his eyes, crawled over to Misty, and kissed her. They kissed for the two minutes.

"Stop," called Harry, signaling the two minutes were up.

They broke apart, and Zayn spun the bottle. It landed on Niall.

"Truth or dare?" asked Zayn.

Niall looked at me skeptically, "Dare," he answered.

"I dare you to kiss Scarlett-"

"It's Rider," I say, annoyed.

"Kiss Rider for two minutes."

Niall sighed, and kissed me. And it felt amazing. It was the opposite of when Mason kissed me. This time, the animals were having a party. And fireworks were going off in my head.

"Stop," Zayn called, and we broke apart, and me lips suddenly felt cold.

I sat back in my spot, and Niall spun the bottle.

"I'm going to sleep," I grumbled.

I got up, and walked towards the room. I slammed the door shut, and flopped on my bed.

Someone knocked.

"Come on in," I said, yawning.

Niall walked in,"Are you alright? Because you left right after we kissed. Am I that bad of a kisser?"

I sighed, and shook my head.

"Hey, Rider?" he asked, shyly, "Did you feel anything when we kissed?"

I sighed, tears threatening to fall, "What if I did, Niall?" I ask.

"I would tell you I did, too," he admits.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says, "Do you think you would be my girlfriend?"

"Me?" I ask, "Why?"

"Because," he says, "I need a new Princess-one that'll stick around. And, I think it's you."

"Niall," I swore, "If a single soul, except for the boys finds out, you'll be killed."

"I'll take the risk."

"I won't!" I say, "If you die, because of me, I'll never forgive myself."

"Please?" he begs.

I sigh, giving up, "I'll give us a chance."

He smiles, turns around, and walks off with a goofy smile on his face. And do you know what I did next?

I rewrote his letter.