Chapter 31

PUBLISHED 7/4/15

.

.

.

This time, I awoke to a loud banging o the door. Niall and Ocean jolted up. I peeked out the peephole, and saw a figure running away. I opened the note he left, and began reading.

Dear Rider,

We're done chasing our tails. Let's finish this once and for all. We know you're in Ohio. McKenna and I, and you and Ocean. Meet us at Campbell Hill-in three hours. Or else we'll kill your dad...

Love,
Raven and McKenna

I folded the note, and slipped it in my pocket. I had to make sure the boys followed. 

"Go back to sleep, Niall," I say, and walk over to Ocean, "In two hours, we have to go to Campbell Hill."

"Why?" she asked.

"McKenna and Raven are done," I say, "They want to handle it once and for all."

"And you agreed?" she asks.

"Or they threatened to kill my dad," I say.

"Ok," she says, "When do we leave?"

"In an hour," I say, walking over to my suitcase, "The password is 5607."

I pull out two handguns, and an extra belt. I hand it to her, as she slips it on, putting the gun in. I hand her a few knifes. I hand her an extra gun, and she straps it onto her leg. I did the same, and strapped a knife on my leg. 

I pulled my pant leg down, as we walked over to Mrs. Day's office.

"Where are you guys going?" she asks.

"To Campbell Hill," I say.

"Why?" she asks.

It was only us three in the room, so I explained my plan, "I'm going to kill McKenna tonight. And it's right on the river. Tonight, I'm going to drown."

She nods, understanding, "And I'll help?"

I nod, handing her a letter, "Here. When Louis comes looking for me, give him this. That's all I need you to do."

She nods, and hugs me, "I'm proud to call you a daughter. I watched grow up, and become the great spy you are. I'm sure Adam would say the same. I'll tell him you died a hero, until you go to him yourself."

I nod and pull back, "Well, I best be going."

I walk out of the hotel room, grab Ocean, and we head off. I get in the car, Ocean following. I see the boys getting in a car of their own. I smile, knowing they're following. We start our drive to the peak, as I explain the plan to Ocean.

We finally arrive, and I open the car door. Ocean gets out, and I follow her to the edge of the hill. She nods at me, and we hike up the hill. The place seems deserted, but they're here. I can feel it.

We hike up the 1,500 feet, as we follow the trail. I stayed ahead of Ocean, just by a couple of feet. I see the top of the hill, and we quickly spot McKenna and Raven. She spots us, and talks into her watch.

"Go ahead," she says, as I hear Lou's scream, as they get hauled up. I sigh, as I pull my gun out, and one is immediately pointed at Lou. 

McKenna turns to Raven, and I seize the opportunity. I run to her, and tackle her. Ocean starts working on Raven, as the boys and guards stand there in shock.

McKenna flips me over, so she's on top of me. She then pulls I knife, and I take the time to flip her over, so she flies off the edge. She then grabs my foot, and pulls me off with her.

The boys watch in shock, as we free fall. I quickly throw the knife I had prepared, and killed her. I then pulled her body under mine to cushion the fall.

Her body landed with a splash, and the current quickly took us out of the view of the boys. I paddled to the edge, and got off, letting her body drift. I jogged around the edge of the cliff, as I heard my indestructible watch say the words, 'SAFE' From Mrs. Day. 

I smiled in relief, and climbed up the cliff. I grabbed my bag I had, put on my wig, changed my clothes, and did my make-up, (On side.) I then slipped my cash in my pocket, along with my phone, and I ran down the cliff.

I walked to the hotel I arranged. I checked in, and went up to my room, putting together my outfit for my funeral.

See, I already made funeral arrangements. I smiled at the disguise, folded it, and tucked it away in the closet. My funeral was in two days. All I had to do was lie-low until then I could pull it off...